THR Lateral entry, no restrictions!

Can’t poop.
I have read on the forum pumpkin puree is very good for this situation. I think I would warm it up first. I hope this issue may resolve today. So sorry.

I do not know if GERT is the same as GERD, but if it is, I have the headboard posts raised up 6” to help GERD, on wood blocks.

Glad to hear:
Pain under control with ibuprofen plus hydrocodone.

I opened the can, poured about half of the can into a bowl, doused it in cinnamon, and spooned it in my mouth. I put the rest in the refrigerator but never needed it. Hope it works for everyone. Didn't taste that bad to me, but then again I eat my steel cut oats with nothing but cinnamon.

I took Senokot throughout the recovery period when on as well as 2-4 prunes per day. Had one bad bout of constipation when I took in pumpkin puree, prune juice warmed up (about 8oz) plus some Miralax as well as more dried prunes and an extra dose of senokot. After that I really stayed with the prunes and started eating at least one apple per day.

I wish you relief soon.

Sorry you're struggling a bit. Probably a no brainer, but don't forget hydration also. Drink, drink, drink while you're trying other things.
Hope your days feel brighter soon!
@Mutwa

Glad to read that you are eating some prunes.. they were the miracle worker for me, both times. I also drank some prune juice each morning. Good times..
I hope you have a restful night!

I think the main problem is gas, lots of it, from air leaking into the gut during general anesthesia.

The intestines have nothing to work against when they’re full of air.

Still nothing. Called surgeon yesterday. No response.

Day 5. Pretty good day. Wife took me out to visit an antiques shop, then coffee and a roll. Can walk with a cane almost pain free. All in all it’s better than with the first hip: better ROM, less swelling, less bruising.

Last issue to conquer is sleep. I think it’s another hydrocodone issue. I might start tailing off on it.

Sounds like you are doing great. An outing is always cheery. I found I slept better once weaned off the pain meds and just on Tylenol but also lucky that I did not have any great pain and Tylenol was enough,

Wow, pretty ambitious for day 5 @Mutwa ! Just don't take things too fast, refer to the activity guidance you were given, it's really easy in the early days to end up in the ODIC and that's not a membership you want.:bignono:

I’ve got a Pico pump line over the incision with a huge sticky cellophane-like covering over everything. Problem is, it’s getting itchy on the edge superior to the incision. Everything looks normal. Anyone with similar experience?

I had an aquaseal covering over my incision which sounds similar to your description. It was great because I could shower right away but after the first week it was itchy around the edges and quite irritating to me. I kept icing it to numb the itchies. Mine had to stay on 2wks and the day it came off was celebrated greatly. Keep an eye on it and of course check with your OS if you have concerns. In 2017 I had a reaction to something and was taking benadryl for a while to help with the reaction. This time it was much less and I hate the sleepy feeling so I did not take any and just kept it cold.

Thanks.

Went to urgent care today. Earache. Otitis externa. No infection. Apparently it’s TMJ radiating into the ear. I was in bed too long, and clenching and grinding while on my back ticked off the outer ear. This despite a bite guard.

Unfortunately, no pharmacy in the area stocks steroid ear drops. Tomorrow starts treatment.

In general, though there is less swelling and bruising than last time, my stamina is down, and I get fatigued faster.

Love you guys,

Paul

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie