• REGISTER for Joint Replacement Awareness Day on May 9th, 2020!

Surgeons, patients, and other medical professionals will talk about topics you've told are important to you. You can ask questions LIVE of the participants. Please "like" and "share" our JRAD notice on your Facebook page too!

Register and learn more in this announcement:

Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

Bilateral TKR Last cortisone shot?

KL Rio Verde

Country
United States United States
I’m scheduled for bilateral TKR May 21, and the doctor has given me the deadline of next week for last injections before surgery. My knees are really doing ok right now, due to cortisone in one and gel in the other. But I’m a bit afraid to go all the way to May without the injections, especially since I have to work until the day before surgery. Ideas? Suggestions? Opinions?

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I think you should probably discuss this with your surgeon.

Did you find that the previous injections helped a lot? And how long did they last?
Although your knees feel all right now, do they feel as good as they did soon after the last injections, or is the effect starting to wear off?

InkedMarie

graduate
Country
United States United States
I’m a bit confused. Your surgeon told you that next week is the last opportunity for shots; what is your question? If you’re having TKR, you can’t have any more injections. It seems pretty straightforward. If you’re asking what else you can use for pain control until May, ask your surgeon. There may be over the counter, prescription or topicals you can use. Keep in mind, you may need to stop a good many drugs/supplements/OTC’s a certain amount of time pre op.

Top Bottom