Hip Arthroscopy Labral tear surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluejeans

Country
Australia Australia
Hi

I guess I need to move to this side now! If the operation was day 0, then today is day 1.

I had an arthroscopy yesterday and had the damaged labrum removed. The surgeon found, unexpectedly, a lot of inflammation. He mentioned synovitis, which I know nothing about. I see him on Monday, so will get more info then.

I walked out of hospital and have been walking around today but am stiff. Pain is ok if I am totally still. I had an appointment I had to attend today, so had to get a lift there but managed all that. I really need to lie down for a bit now.

So I'm not sure if this surgery is going to be the fix I was hoping for, but I'm glad it's done and that he has seen inside my hip now.

Cheers

Welcome to the other side @bluejeans ! Do rest, ice and elevate as much as you can. You had a major procedure and you need to give that hip time to recover.

Please keep us updated!

Walking is possible, but it's not super comfortable. Getting dressed and putting on pants is not possible if I'm standing. I can't lift that leg enough. Bending over is also not good.

I can walk, I can drive, so really it's manageable but it's not easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562