Revision THR Krista's Gluteus Medius Repair 1 Year post THR

So pleased to read an update from you @Krista, and glad you had a fun camping holiday on the wilderness island. Lovely photos. I wish for your cataract surgery in December to be successful, but am sure it will. You have great endurance, cheerfulness and positive thinking and I'd enjoy reading future updates from you from time to time - when you have time. It's getting cooler here in the Frankfurt area but today we're having some sunshine.
Best wishes
Constanze

It was so good to read about your trip, see the pictures and to know you are doing so well. I remember reading your posts when I first got on BS about 7 or 8 months ago now and you are an inspiration to all. Sending positive healing thoughts your way for a successful cataract surgery upcoming. I’m sure it will go well.

Lovely photos. Walking 6.8 miles a day on your holiday is quite an achievement, especially after all your surgeries. I am glad you are doing so well with your recovery and are slowly returning to a fairly normal life. It must feel great and I hope things continue to improve. I am sure all the walking you are and have been doing helps to keep your muscles and bones strong. And, it is good for the spirit too to get out and about. I don't go hiking but I love the outdoors.

@Krista Happy to know you are back to life. Glad you had a good trip.
You ARE an inspiration!:yes!:

@Krista.
Just had a look at you pics and your update.
Such beauty and I haven't even looked at the view yet.
I applaud you as you meet all your challenges and wish you and your husband continued good health.
Joe.......

Thanks to you, Joe, and my other BoneSmart friends for your cheerful words! I am excited to be heading into the holidays and feeling so strong. I recently made pumpkin pies, took down Halloween decorations, and did a very thorough vacuuming, without too much trouble. I might make some Christmas cookies this year, since that was impossible the past few years, and I am craving them. We will be dogsitting again for a couple of weeks, and I am looking forward to it.

Hi @Krista ! Just popped in and how nice it is to see that you're doing so well - the photos say it all, you look wonderful. Best wishes for the holidays, isn't it just the best to get back to doing the things you love? I'm very happy for you :SUNsmile:

@Krista, so happy to visit the BoneSmart website today and read your update. I am impressed that so much is going well in your life and I hope it continues. Your resolve to rally through some difficult health issues is inspirational.

@Krista Hi there what a lot you have been through! So glad all is going well now. Your pics are amazing. Have just read through all your posts - what a courageous lady. Love and hugs Carol x

Thanks to you, @Cas, and my other BoneSmart friends! Things continue in a positive way for me. Had lovely holidays and LOTS of darling dog sitting, which is good since it keeps me more up on my feet.

I started Tymlos on Christmas Day, which is a daily injection to help build up bone density. It's very expensive, and has been a trip getting used to doing the injection and the side-effects, but it will be worth it if my bone density improves. I will be on it for at least 18 months. My kyphosis (spine curvature) and weak spine/pain continue to be my worst problems by far. I just turned 70 and feel every year of that total. One of my knees hurts, and I don't even want to think about that! I am grateful that my other hip shows no signs of needing a replacement. I know that many here have had to have both hips replaced. When my husband retires we plan to do some traveling, and I hope that my body will hold up well for that. I will have him with me for support, which will make all the difference.

I've attached a photo of me and our little doggie friend on my birthday.

Attachments

• IMG_1424.jpg
    IMG_1424.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 233
Sounds like you're doing well, Krista. Happy belated birthday!
I hope your knee holds out, you've been through enough. Also hoping the injections
prove beneficial.
That dog is the cutest thing.....those eyes! I want to babysit him, or steal him (or her?) :heehee:
Couldn't help but notice your Philosophy. I'm a Philosophy addict of sorts. Can't live without my Gingerbread Man body wash, Snow Angel too.....both yummy!
Hope your week is good!
@Krista

@Layla, the dog is a 7 year old girl, named Sofi! Her face is so expressive, and I have taken thousands of photos of her, since we have had her with us so much over the last year. Everyone just melts in her presence, including such hard nuts to crack as middle school-age boys, that we meet on our walks. The other day three of them took time from obnoxiously climbing up on a park district building to literally sitting down on the sidewalk, petting her and talking about how fluffy and adorable she was! I truly think she has helped me much in my recovery, as you naturally want to do extra things for her, and walks are so important for dogs.

I love the Philosophy shower gels, and am enjoying the butterscotch, caramel and vanilla scents! Hope you are doing well, Layla.

@RSC, hope you are planning your next backpacking trip! Not much snow in the Sierra so far this year, so maybe you are even getting out there sometimes now. Take care.

@Krista Morning from across the water! What a pretty girl Sofi is she looks an:angel:. Mine is a handsome boy but very large! He is still a puppy as only 2 and is full of himself but adores all dogs, people, children, and other animals - he shares his home with 4 cats and 4 rabbits!!!! Knowing you I'm sure the travelling will take place however you do it LOL! I do hope the bone injections work for you as it would make such a difference. Happy belated birthday to you I will join you next year and mark 70. How the years fly by. Have a lovely day. Love Carol.:flwrysmile:

Hi @Krista ,
I'm very pleased to read some more news from you. You really cheer me up by being so positive and I'm glad your hip(s) is(are) ok. The photo is lovely with your dog and all those bottles and sweets (yum). You managed to keep so fit. I'm far from being 70 (I'm 61, I'm young :)) and am trying to stay healthy to my best ability. Enjoy the travelling when your husband has retired. We want to do more travelling as well when I'm retired (smile).
....and we underestimate middle-school aged boys. They are human, too, hihi. They can be more affectionate than we think.
I wish you all the best
Constanze

Oh Krista, you look so beautiful and happy!
You popped in on me when I was still in dark and uncertain places, and am grateful to you for that!
:loveshwr:

Hi there @Krista.
Always refreshing to read your honest posts.
I'm delighted that you have plans for you and your husband.
Your words of encouragement to me in my early recovery was indeed most helpful.
Continued health and happiness.
Joe.......

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie