THR KPratt in recovery

I've been in ICU for almost a week now. My legs grew twice their size and I tried to get up one morning and my legs (both of them felt like jelly. I almost passed out but had the sense to sit down. I put up with the painful walking but the blacking out was scarey.
the next morning, it was even worse and I could't even stand up. Called 911 and have been in here a few days after a procedure that puts catheraters up both legs up to the vena cava where my filter is. Turns out I had multiple clots in both legs along with a completely blocked filter of clots. Haven't been on my feet at all sinced I came in.......This is REALLY going to mess witj my recovery.

Oh my stars @KPratt :console2:
I'm guessing this is compliments of your blood clotting disorder..
I am so sorry you are in dire straits
I will be sending you all the best mojo and prayers that get this under control.:praying:
You can work on hip strengthening , etc AFTER they get this handled.
Try to rest...and not get too stressed.:loveshwr:

Last edited:
@KPratt
I'm playing catchup on my BS people and found your thread!
Just wanted to know how you are doing and if you have stabilized enough to get home?
Praying you are doing better.

Yes, please post when you are able...:console2:

Prayers for your comfort and healing :prayer:
Please update when you're able.
Hope your day is peaceful.
@KPratt

I FINALLY am home! after 21 days in the ICU! After the catheter procedure, I went into complete acute kidney failure and required dialysis to get my kidneys functioning again. I gained almost 30 pounds of fluid weight that had to be removed through the dialysis. I ended up with massive fluid and blood filled blisters and skin tears on the backsides of my legs as a result of the skin stretching. I'm happy to say that my kidneys have regained most of their function and I no longer require dialysis at this point. I'm walking small distances with a walker around the house and slowly and very cautiously trying to build up my strength again. I am back on Coumadin for life. The doctors all weighed the pros and cons given my history of a brain bleed in the past on blood thinners and came to the conclusion that I need to be on Coumadin regardless of the risks. I've got a long road ahead of me but by the grace of God, I'm still miraculously still alive and my priorities have shifted to my well being however long it takes to get even close to my normal self. This is the 3rd miracle I've experienced in the past 10 years and this was the big one that almost took my life. I thank you all for following up with me and inquiring how I'm doing!! You all are awesome! :)

Oh my word! I'm very sorry. You've been through so much.
Prayers for strength and healing as you move forward.
Please stay in touch so we can continue to offer support.
Wishing you a peaceful day and week as you're healing.
Hugs :console2:
@KPratt

Oh my stars @KPratt .
Thank God for miracles and so glad you are not on dialysis!!!
That sounds just awful!
You certainly are blessed and I am sending all the sincerest best wishes and mojo you could imagine! :friends:

Yet ANOTHER hospital stay!!! This is getting old real fast. I was out of the hospital from the 21 day stay for 4 days and was so sick from contracting C-DIFF in the hospital that they had to admit me back to the hospital for ANOTHER 5 days!! They finally got it under control and I am happy to say I'm back home AGAIN - thank you, Jesus! I swear I'll never get this hip working right at this rate. I'm still walking with the walker but am taking a few steps without it (walking across kitchen, for example). They are starting my home nurse visits back up today and I will be getting OT/PT started back up. This lady here is NEVER having another surgery of any kind ever again!! This has been a nightmare I'm ready to wake up from!!

Hi,
I'm very sorry to hear of your struggles. You've been through so much. It's heartbreaking.
Please know we're here for you.

Wondering if you're taking a good Probiotic? If not, I'd seriously consider it to assist in the healing of your intestinal tract as well as build up your immune system. Here is an article from the Library -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/probiotics.20811/

Prayers for your healing. Wishing you comfort!
@KPratt

I've had quite a few people tell me to try them. They are so expensive; maybe I can find a generic of a good one? That's the other thing: there's so many different ones. I guess I need to do some research. I will check out the link you sent me - Thank you!!

ps. I'm on a prescription for magnesium as my levels are still low. Also on Flgyl (antibiotic for the C-Diff).

I look at it as preventative. It it helps build my immune system, keeping me well it may save me time
down being sick and any cost an illness may bring. It may be beneficial for your intestinal tract after the C-DIFF and antibiotics. You'd be replenishing the good fighting bacteria. Read up on it online and see what you think.
I hope you have a peaceful day.
@KPratt

So sorry you are so frustrated but there is lots of recovery time left on this hip.
Try to stay positive...it's just so awful you had to contend with these complications on top of it all.
Glad you are home (again!)
Please keep the faith...we are rooting for you @KPratt :loveshwr:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties