Kneeper will do it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a dream last night about recovering from tkr. Think it's on my mind? :heehee: Just under 2 months to go...

Best wishes, @kneeper @Pumpkln

My left TKR isn't until September, and yet when I went to bed last night I found myself making plans about how to modify my sleeping arrangements etc!

I keep reminding myself not to let them push me too hard in pt. I didn't think I did with the 1st knee but in retrospect I think I did let them push me too hard--particularly I think they had me trying squats too early and I think that's why I have the chronic quad tendonitis. :sad:
I think--though I haven't been able to find any articles specifically on this--that especially with the RA and fibro my soft tissues are very sensitive. I do know that RA can affect the tendon sheaths.

Glad your date is set. At least with this one you'll know what to expect. I haven't done one yet, but I have the feeling the other will need to be done sooner than later.

think I did let them push me too hard--particularly I think they had me trying squats too early and I think that's why I have the chronic quad tendonitis.
Now that you are experienced---and hindsight being what it is, you now can let those PT folks know ahead of time what you will accept and what you will not do.

Since you are speaking from the voice of experience and I'm just guessing - what critera do you think essential in a post op recliner? I'm still working out my schedule with work so haven't set a date yet but do want to go ahead and get everything lined up so that I'm good to go.

Currently my critera include being leather (I have an english mastiff...drool happens, a lot) and being able to elevate my feet higher than my heart.

Well we'll see how this works as I didn't have recliner last time. But I made sure to get one that is high enough so that it should be possible to get in and out of without too much trouble and for me, good length. I'm only about 5' 6" but a lot of that is in the legs and I hate having my lower legs and feet dangling off. :)

Also one cool thing is that there is no gap in the whole length of the leg rest. Should be easy to prop some extra pillows on there for elevating.

I feel your pain - I'm 5'10"! I'll see what you think post op - if you test drive and approve I might just buy the same one!

Definitely starting to think about getting organized. My sister is going to check with a friend who may have a bath bench I can borrow. I should be hearing soon about my pre-op appointments. The OS office schedules those for you and sends you the materials about a month ahead.

I've had a couple of friends already volunteer to coordinate taking me to PT etc. until I can drive. I'm hoping I can drive sooner than last time since it will be the left side this time. I am willing to accept the help, but I also don't want to impose too much.

When I had my RTKR, I drove at less than 2 weeks post op. But that was out of necessity and I did ok. I traveled 5 miles on a quiet road with no busy intersections. I took ibuprofen before my PT and then when I got home, I took my pain pills and it worked out just fine. This time I plan on doing the same since since my non-driving knee is affected. I had lots of practice driving with a right gimpy knee and even drove my car with a full length cast on when I was in high school.

Yeah, you can do stuff and things when you are motivated.

Lucky. My right leg took a long time to be able to brake suddenly and also being on pain meds I didn't want to drive.
I also may see if I can do PT at the clinic on my side of town--I might be up to a shorter drive sooner.

I got my pre-op appointment dates--looks like this is really happening...

^We'll be June Sunbeams together. :)

I think my post op knee is getting jealous of the pre-op knee. The tendonitis has been particularly bad this week--for no reason I can identify. :blackcloud:

I'm hoping that as my left knee recovers from the tkr the burden on the knees will be more evenly divided and that will help the tendonitis in the right. This tendonitis really bums me out.

You are getting closer kneeper! Hang in there. I do hope it helps with your tendinitis and look forward to your recovery. I will have my 2nd knee done in September. Have a good day!

RTKR - 9th December, 2013

I found out I have to take the pre-op "class." I figure why make a fuss? though I could probably *teach* the class after all this time on Bonesmart. :heehee: You never know--I might pick up some good info. It will also be interesting to see if they've improved on it since last time.

I think my post op knee is getting jealous of the pre-op knee. The tendonitis has been particularly bad this week--for no reason I can identify. :blackcloud:

Mine was and I had all kinds of muscles protesting against my RTKR. Lots of spasms from my right hip and the left piriformis threw a fit as well. :tantrum:

Kneeper, I hope many of your problems are resolved soon. It's no fun to hurt. It seems to make one feel older than one is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom