Knee Surgery impacts Hip; KT Tape advice?

kiko3

Country
United States United States
Thirty years ago, I had knee surgery after a sports injury. My Medial collateral fully popped off the tibia. The doctor stapled it back on in open surgery. I went to PT, but never quite finished PT. Since then, my leg tires easily, and it has affected my hip.

These days, my left hip is all out of whack. The orthopedist suspects it is due to my knee surgery.

(I found these pictures on this forum from back in 2014).

1579182720745.png

1579182829671.png

My hip aches at DL6F/D-EL1B, Muscles at E-F-L5F (sartorius/adductor) feel very weak. The intersection of BL2B CL3B seems to be always out of joint. It's a triangle from my knee, (piriformis/sciatic) hip and gr-trochanteric bursa.
Hip knee triangle.png
Hip 2.png

The pain is mostly while I'm sleeping (wakes me up every night), or if I'm sitting for a long time it goes numb. If I sit on the floor, I get BL2B CL3B & also AL3B back pain for a long time. At this point, for the numbness I have to crack my back and hip to get the numbness to go away. If I sit on the bed and open my bent legs and stretch, my left hip pops.

For the pain I use Advil and Voltaren cream. Both help the pain, but since I have genetic high blood pressure (since I was 26) I need to find other methods to help, since NSAIDs put the heart at risk.

I recently found out about KT Tape, and I was wondering, given my situation, what angles and where should I put the KT Tape? Also, what kind of stretches/exercises should I do to strengthen this?

I realize this is a forum about post-operations. Maybe it's even tied to a certain hospital chain, I'm not sure. So I apologize if I'm where I'm not supposed to be. But in any event, I suspect I'm headed toward replacement. I live in Turkey, but am in the States at the moment. I'll go back to the doctor when I return next month.

But I would like to purchase the correct PT tape while I'm in the States, to learn how to put it on in the correct place, and to hear advice from people in the field.

If you could help me, thank you very much.

Tykey

big-cheese
Hi kiko. I suspect that we are having difficulty answering such clinical questions, whilst we have a very few ex-professional medical people with us, we are mainly individuals who have had hips and knees replaced but are very happy to support everybody, but this is based only on experience, and not training. We are not linked to any medical establishment.
I think you need to consult your own medical advisors.
You can always order this PT tape when you are back in Turkey.
Very best wishes to you.

PS I didn't know anything about PT tape, so I wanted to find out. Whilst surfing, I came across this which might help,

ttps://youtu.be/vISZoa5HM8Y

Last edited:
Country
United States United States
Here in the US, Tylenol is the one pain reliever that claims not to raise blood pressure.
For the pain I use Advil and Voltaren cream. Both help the pain, but since I have genetic high blood pressure (since I was 26) I need to find other methods to help, since NSAIDs put the heart at risk.

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
But I would like to purchase the correct PT tape while I'm in the States, to learn how to put it on in the correct place, and to hear advice from people in the field.
I think it's called kinesiology tape.

But, you need to see a physiotherapist, to be shown how to apply it properly. A PT may also be able to suggest some possible causes of your pain.

It could also be a good idea for you to consult an orthopaedic surgeon, for an informed medical opinion.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
dgojill
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom