MUA knee so stiff<<

OH had his Arthroscopic procedure - all is well- surgeon taken biopsies , washout, he is not complaining of any pain yet . though I make sure he take on regular basis his pain killers ,strangely though he complaining of very sore eye lids perhaps during surgery they taped down his eye lids ? worried about his breathing has it dropped abit , Surgeon stated my husband has extremely stiff knee and he could only bend it back another 10%, so not any improvement, surgeon not even mention any exercises, just rest it.

Surgeon stated my husband has extremely stiff knee and he could only bend it back another 10%, so not any improvement, surgeon not even mention any exercises, just rest it.
Let’s hope that in time with whatever the surgeon did, and with healing, that he will get a better bend and/or less pain.

Thanks for the update!

Jockette@
Many thanks for your kind thoughts- be great if he can get any improvements- trouble is it the straightening of leg what has the biggest impact- surgeon had a frown look so it looks like he bothered about it, could not speak to him to long has he was very busy- though we going to see him in six weeks to look at the next options.
Knee very swollen today - so ice and rest today for him - he not mention of any pain .
Not sure how soon he can have a shower- its a wet flannel today to keep clean

I’m sure the doctor is frustrated a bit, also, as he is in the business of fixing the body, and having those bodies respond well to his surgical techniques. Hopefully he is a caring man and will continue to try to help your husband.

Your husband’s leg has been upset for a long time, so any improvement will probably take time. Try to be patient with the healing process.

I know how it is to watch a husband suffer. My athletic husband had a degenerative disease that robbed him of movement and it was heartbreaking to watch as he declined. He died 2 and a half years ago. My heart goes out to you and your husband.

OH knee not at all swollen today .he says a little sore but that's all, he got small amount of extra bend but has for straightening not a bit of improvement . Maybe looking more like spacer problem ? cannot be scar tissue problem can it

He hasn’t been able to straighten his leg for a very long time, you’re not going to see an improvement this soon after surgery. Any type of surgery is an assault on the body that will need to heal. Improvement can be slow while healing. Try not to be discouraged.

If there was scar tissue I would think the doctor would have mentioned it, and/or taken care of it in the surgery.

Maybe looking more like spacer problem ?
Yes, I wondered that myself. Can you take him to another doctor? This one has had way too many opportunities to fix this knee and OH need to see someone else!

Really difficult in uk to ask for other surgeons unless good reason and prepare for another Long wait and to start all over again, so this time if the surgeon really cant help than we will stick with what we have got-wait to see the next move from surgeon and his advice
Abit of positive news we went out for a alongish walk Oh stated felt abit strange but very little in extra pain, still walking with bent leg so guess that remain the same. though to be honest we expected nothing else,

I’m glad you were able to take a walk with very little extra pain.

Really difficult in uk to ask for other surgeons unless good reason
I can't imagine any better reason than what your husband has been through.
Abit of positive news we went out for a alongish walk Oh stated felt abit strange but very little in extra pain
That is good news!

Today went for the stated walk OH complained of back ache and change in the way he walks now, so have to tolerate for awhile a anew walking/ standing posture , Cannot win can he , mind you again he doesn't complain that much, its just life he says and make the best of what we have !

OH now wash he knee and took dressing off to replace with new clean ones and WOW noticed the surgeon must had tried several entry points has several open wounds

Try not to walk too far, maybe an outside walk every other day or so, with short walks in the house at home. Remember, healing from this new surgery will take time.

Wow, several tries to get inside the knee? More reason to take things slowly while healing.

My Husband now complaining and a I have noticed not only he walking on tip toes on his right knee side but also on the outer edge of foot - still his knee is bent but also now he is saying it feels like it's going to give way, now got to see surgeon 9th Jan - so it looking very much like a Revision has cannot see anything but >

My OH now complaining knee is worse now since having the minor op - stiffness coming on big time now and increased bend in knee is clear to see, good job he did not throw his crutches away,

Jan 9th cannot come soon enough. Hang in there.

My OH now complaining knee is worse now since having the minor op - stiffness coming on big time
This supposedly “minor” op still caused trauma inside his knee that he needs to recover and heal from, and healing takes time. It hasn’t even been 3 weeks yet, since his surgery.

OH seeing the Surgeon tomorrow - he will be pushing for revision ,has he cannot go on with increased pain, made worse since his Arthroscopic procedure, See what happens

My OH attended his appointment with his Knee surgeon - whom done his last arthroscopic procedure, Surgeon stated No infection in knee, hardware all ok, but he got a lot of scar tissue, he stated also he willing to open the knee up and clear away the tissue, but he warn him that the tissue may come back 2 fold and make things worse also higher risk of infection, plus he cannot do anything for the pain, and after the knee been operated on, he stated hitting hard with lots of physio and will be put on the cpm machine(think that's what he called it ) and increased pain relief, So its a choice whether to go ahead

The Surgeon stated he going to do open surgery to remove scar tissue -could anyone explain what involved in this

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member