MUA knee so stiff<<

You really need to get another opinion.

@sistersinhim I wish it could be that simple- if I could I would and if I was that lucky it would take another 3 to 4 months, to see him /her, unfortunately we not so bless with choices were I live, an unfortunate side of the NHS, I do believe I stuck with what I have and just got to live my life with this new kind of disability,

@bland9 They are starting to reconfigure clinics here in the UK. Have you researched someone you might see for a second opinion?

ask to see another Surgeon and will have to wait another 3 to 4 months, wow my leg hurts and so restless , still walking on crutches- wish i could be like so many others who are now living a better life and enjoying new knee - me I really wish I not had the knee done :censored:

Getting another opinion is a good thing!

Hi again, so sorry to hear you’re still struggling with pain and so much discomfort.. I know you said you cannot afford private pay but possibly look into loan of some kind? I hate to see fellow bone smartie not recover fully. Surely somewhere there is help and hope. It is so worth finding the right surgeon to help you. Even in my very small “flyover “ state here in US there are excellent surgeons.

Just an update = cannot see new Surgeon until December. still walking on crutches , Nightime is still very uncomfortable and wakes me up, very much like restless leg feeling with pain, though I now get lots of attention from folks who have great sympathy for me because of the struggles , walking to shops etc, your poor husband is what my wife is often told, :dubious: , I bet on Im the longest one on here to be still using crutches and now occasionally a wheelchair, this after the new knee, you just got to smile:rotfl:

Since I had my knees done I suffered from tight feeling in my feet , feel like my skin being stretched and this is accompanied by tingling, also pain in knee, any advice or info

I bet on Im the longest one on here to be still using crutches and now occasionally a wheelchair, this after the new knee, you just got to smile

:wave:there. I haven't visited in a long time and sorry to hear you have not progressed well.

I have to tell you I am in the same club as you! :oyvey: My knee op was in March 2018 but was followed by inactivity due to various fractures healing in my trocanter, acetablum and my original stem through my femur. In October the op went ahead on my hip ... to discover I had e-Coli in my hip and thigh. Hip out for five months with antibiotic spacer and on antibiotics daily. In March 2019 the 2nd Stage Revision was performed and I developed Plantar Fascitis in my foot (knee, hip and foot all on the left). So it was sometime in May I could start exercising my knee and hip.

It has been and is still difficult for me. I cannot walk without an elbow crutch and sometimes walker. On the few occasions we have gone out to a garden center and hospital visits we use the wheelchair as I cannot walk long distances.

In March X-rays of hip and knee show them in perfect alignment but my bone has not remodelled completely to the prosthesises so I have to be careful.

My bend is great but I constantly have the tight band knee syndrome but only when walking. I exercise daily and cycle (static) for 20 minutes 3/4 times a week. I know I will get there one day. Think positively, I wish you well for the future.

Stay safe ... and warm because I understand this holiday weekend is going to be cold there!
bad days will pass.jpeg

Hugs, Izzy xx

@Izabel - thankyou for your kind message of support- its really hard to keep the spirits up- so long walking with a leg that i am unabled to straigthen and bend is no more than 80 , just lately felt really low,
still taking pain relief for the pain when walking; wish i could use my static foot cycle but the pain is too bad to try,

@bland9 Can you afford to see a surgeon privately just for a consultation? That might be the way to go as the wait will only be days not months.

Hi, I found that I had to add foot and toe stretches, massages/rubs, and exercises every day. It makes sense that the feet would miss the exercise they used to get before the surgeries.
I searched online and I think the wikihow exercises were easy to find and do.
I also keep a tennis ball (and another squishier ball for when the feet ache) on hand and often just roll those around under each foot while sitting.
Lastly, which is a bit of a catch22, although my recovering knees loved lots of elevation, my feet needed me to sit upright with them flat on the floor (90 degree if possible) sometimes to let the blood flow back into them.
Hope you are feeling better.

Starting to notice when walking my leg dont hurt so much which is a positve , though still cannot walk with a straighten leg and cannot get no more than a 80 bend, so it must be a hardwear issue, any ideas

Last edited:
Yesterday slipped on the stairs has my leg gave away and now it really hurts and feel very heavy

Last edited:
Falls are one of the things we fear the most. I hope your knee settles down quickly for you.

Be sure and ice and elevate until your knee calms down. I think many of us have done the same thing as you did at least once. Ice will help.

Finally getting xray on leg this coming monday and then received another letter stating receiving telephone consultation 2 weeks later= a telephone call I must say what the use in that, perhaps i can put the receiver up against the knee and he can listen to it , annoyed to say the least

A phone call appointment is better than nothing, at least you can explain what you’re going through and ask for help. If it’s a video call, you can show them your legs.

Telephone call from the surgeon stated my implant is fine but it looks like scar tissue he stated but got to wait another six months before they will do anything due to knee being under 2 years , so another six months walking with my crutches :bawl:

I’m so sorry they are not helping you.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks