MUA knee so stiff<<

Sorry that you are having pain and unable to contact your surgeon :sad: @bland9 I can't answer your question but will bring it to the attention of my superior advisors whom have far more experience than I - hope this pain goes away soon xx

Sorry you are having problems reaching your surgeon.
Since it has been over a year since your MUA, are you able to seek a second opinion?

Thankyou @Sara61 ---@Pumpkln the surgeon in question I am speaking of is my new surgeon the one who has taken over from my original surgeon whom had written me off, my new surgeon is not seeing patients or phone consultation, so its frustrating ,even spoke to my GP whom just keep taking your pain killers and wait until my next appointment which is September, pain just below my kneecap and pain when pressure is placed on it ,when bending knee there feel like a forcing ( like kneecap trying to force itself out ) bending knee is 85 rom , cannot straighten leg and still on crutches , yes crutches 1 year on

Sorry you are still on crutches and have to wait until September to see your surgeon.

@bland9 As I'm sure you know, this is not acceptable treatment for you. My suggestion would be to try in the most assertive manner possible to tell your GP you want a referral to a surgeon who can address your problem before September. Are there no telemedicine services available with surgeons in the UK?

Are you willing to drive to another city to see someone?

Would you not consider going privately and getting another opinion - September is a long time to wait if your are in pain.
Hoping you can sort yourself out soon xx

What a waste of time seeing my new Surgeon - stated there was not a lot he can do with my knee, stating there is too much scar tissue and it will not benefit my knee if more surgery was done on it and he stated it could make it worse, he also said give it another 6 months has it too early and no surgeon will touch it until 2 years has passed. also he would recommend my possible surgery to other surgeons who would decide whether it would be beneficial, so got to be on my crutches for a long time.

just want to add the surgeon stated I developed Arthrofibrosis,

Last edited:
Just want to argue that Arthrofibrosis is often been mentioned that it caused by overworking the joint after ie surgery but I can assure you in my case it really not been the case, I do presume that in some cases it could be something that just occurs etc, even my MUA did not even come near breaking it,
the look on my surgeon face really he was very wary in my case to do much and suggested it maybe something I may have to live with,
Would love to hear from others who had this problem.

Today went to the hospital and had Physical therapy, told I got poor leg straightening ask to lay on pt couch:elevate: and then she proceeded to press several times and very hard down on my knee ,at time did not experience much pain but now blast the leg hot and very angry with pain
This appears to be the start of all your problems. This was done just a few days after your surgery. I read through your entire thread and you have been doing some things you shouldn't have been doing with a new knee. You started your knee was hot. Hot, dry knees will develop Arthrofibrosis. I'm still not sure that is your problem. Neither one of your knees has had a successful outcome, so I say it was a problem with the surgery.

If I were you I'd keep on searching for another opinion and tell him/her all your history with both knees. There is no reason you should have to settle for this outcome when it's possible to have better.

Thankyou @sistersinhim - has you said my both knees have been so problematic,. getting to a stage where I don't know what to do anymore, its looks like I will have to go through surgery again- but according to new surgeon Mr Mann - he stated the outcome doesn't look good and he cannot see any benefit having the knees redone, so may have to live with this new acquired disability , not to mention the pain is increasing slowly in my right knee, and my arms and back hurting has I'm now walking not only with bent knee but my upper body started to lean forward has I walk:old:

I disagree that you may have to live like this. What explanation did he give you for saying that? It sounds like a copout to me. Find another doctor, even if you have to go private. You are too young to settle for this outcome!

@sistersinhim -I completely agree with you- I have been push aside many times before and this again is the same , the trouble I believe is that here In the UK and since the covid 19 outbreak the NHS has cancelled many operations so there is such a backlist , so saying this and you never know surgeons may have been told to delay operations has long , has they can.
If I could I would go private but at this time I cannot afford to do so,
Has to the reason he stated that my stiffness and arthrofibrosis will not be any better if he operated and the scar tissues may build up again and could result in my current condition made worse

Just lately the pain in my new knee is getting bad and noticing that my increase on taking pain killers again, night time I'm waking up due to pain any small job need to sit down every 5 mins so really not sure what to do anymore, if I see the surgeon he's only going to say the same thing also going to GP is a waste of time,

WIN_20200617_16_08_04_Pro.jpg

thought I attach a photo on how bad my knee is regarding extension, and this is laying down its worst than this when walking

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m sorry that you’ve had such a difficult time. I’m sure it’s very frustrating. I hope eventually you will be able to find the help you need.

Pain today in my knees is horrendous. its a lovely day and here I am laying on my bed, walking is getting very bad - soon be in a wheelchair. will contact GP to see if he will refer me to Op-therapist :beg:

I really hate to hear how bad off you are getting. Something is definitely wrong.

@sistersinhim there is definitely something wrong with leg apart from the inability to walk with a leg straight and inability to walk upright when walking on crutches and plus its causing real problems with the other leg too , swelling , pain , also circulation problems are increasing in this leg too ,foot is going very blue only by having the leg elevated helps , and the frustrating thing is I cannot make the surgeon realise how bad things are, difficult tell one how bad the pain is, :old:Hope to see the GP soon to ask for better pain relief and to go to pain management
when going for a short walk one would thought I climbed a mountain , and i been told by the hospital i have good tolerance to pain- so guess it tells one something

I’m so sorry.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
loo_who_too
Recent bookmarks
Back