MUA knee so stiff<<

Lately my knee so painful and sore and my wrists and back hurting from walking with crutches and part time working, getting to the stage I don't know what to do- physio not helping with the therapist putting his weight on my knee - thinking he can force into place and then shaking his head, seeing him tomorrow again - if it wasn't so painful I could really laugh at some of these people actions and thoughts:dubious:

This won’t help your knee, but make sure you don’t have death grip on the crutches. That can really hurt your wrists.

You need to declare a foul on the PT when he pushes like that. RED CARD!

another appointment today with Physio and yes more pushing hard down on my knee and stretching of foot because this is not straight neither due to continuous walking on the ball of my foot= though he did gave me some shoe wedges to support the leg= he still doubt anything can be done

Today feel physically sick with pain in leg- I can tolerate so much pain but this is unbelievable ,though leg not swollen and ,my Rom improving so don't think its scar tissue stopping the straightening of the leg but really need to consider stopping the physio it not worth the pain- I rather go through another operation

Please stop this physio now. It is not doing any good and in fact it is setting you back with every visit. Rest, ice and elevate as much as you can. You may not see swelling but internal swelling is what is causing you pain.

Once that knee settles then gentle stretches to slowly increase your ROM.

@Jaycey next time I visit him I am going to inform him that I just going to let him do gentle stretches or massage on knee but no more push and pull exercises etc has my knee still excruciating pain wise and can hardly walk- though I am noticing this is muscle wastage on knee which is causing a wobble feeling when walking- also with physio I will ask if he can refer my again to the surgeon :banghead:

physio not helping with the therapist putting his weight on my knee - thinking he can force into place and then shaking his head, seeing him tomorrow again - if it wasn't so painful I could really laugh at some of these people actions and thought
another appointment today with Physio and yes more pushing hard down on my knee and stretching of foot because this is not straight
Please stop going to this physio. he is doing more harm than good. Trying to force your knee is Injuring it, by keeping it inflamed and sore.

It's your knee, not his, and you have the right - and the duty - to tell him to stop abusing your knee.
Saying no to therapy - am I allowed to?

Really need some explanation for my knee and cannot get any straight answers- as you know I cannot straighten leg got a 20 per cent bend so cannot walk properly without crutches -My Rom is at 80% so ok - so therefore don't think there is any scar tissues that stopping straightening- all my surgeons keep saying its stiffness this cannot be so I believe . walking now is so painful and having to rest every 5 minutes or so and its getting me down- and to state physio not helping one bit and is to painful to continue and even physiotherapist is shaking his head not knowing what to do

I wish we had an answer for you. :console2:

Just want to shout out Im in "excruciating pain and I feeling sick with it " crawling along with leg dragging and other tkr knee playing up due to weight bearing on it. don't know what to do anymore has no one listening, sorry I keep on moaning, :bawl:

Feel like I'm asking a silly question but here goes - Is it normal to feel very bad pain nearly a year on from my TKR , I'm not overdoing it at all ,in fact seems to be laying down more than sitting or walking because of the pain, wont say about the straightening has feel it a different matter

Attended Physio today and now discharged because he said he cannot do anything more for me and now I got to contact Surgeon again to see what to do next

Contacted Surgeon secretary today and will not be able to see him until further notice because of the Coronavirus and financial situation and now been told I got to self isolate for the next 12 weeks, got to laugh about it all :dubious:

Just try and keep positive hopefully once the worst has passed the doctors /surgeons can find a solution to your knee.
At the moment understandably their focus is on saving lives due to Corona Virus. Meanwhile all you can do is plenty of RIME. ( an English abbreviation for .. Rest, Ice , medicate and Elevate ) Stay safe xx

Last edited:
Hope all are well and keeping safe from this dreaded Virus- Update on leg is improving can bend it a little more but still cannot straighten it fully -so don't know if this will improve or something got to be done= BUT I wish I could bend my leg a little more so I can CUT MY TOE NAILS :rotfl:

I don’t know if this will help you with cutting your toenails, but I put my foot up on my doggy steps while cutting mine. It has helped me immensely by not having to bend so much. I put a small towel over the steps, which catches most of the clipping.

"Rest help with pain "- well not with me all during this lockdown all I have done is nothing but rest and sit about hoping this would help a whole month and not left the house at all - but "oh no "not with me ,leg so restless and still not straight and cannot bend more than 80 does not help and its been exactly a year today since my op ,,one benefit I have not missed walking with my crutches ????:old:

Need advice here - on my previous TKR on my left knee I had a blood clot - and not sure if its returned or not because of the inaction during this Pandemic lockdown , my leg feel extremely heavy and my inner thigh stings, cannot find any redness or bruising - my leg is always been swollen so cannot say it more swollen or not , but it stings like it did before and my knee feel really tight like the tight banding returned- dont want to go to hospital during this time,

Cannot ask my surgeon any question because he not answering any - my knee cap well immediately underneath -when I bend it -it painful and tight and it hurts if I put weight on any ideas,
still having issues with other leg but cannot get any advice so I putting up with it all

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom