MUA knee so stiff<<

@bland9 .... I'm sorry you have injured your wrist. You did go to your GP or Emergency Room about it, didn't you?

still not heard from hospital yet apart from the initial letter, so got to bare with it
I don't think you have to just wait and wait. If you're not hearing back from the hospital, call them and ask the status. Perhaps you can also enlist the help of your GP with this as well.

Is it possible for you to schedule an appointment with another surgeon privately? You can always schedule any procedures through the NHS, but just pay for a private consultation. Usually you can get in to see someone sooner that way.

Yes! A lift recliner sounds like it would really help... even renting one for while until you can get this sorted ...I’m assuming they xray’d your hand in ER. Did they put on cast or just wrist style guard? I think you must be standing underneath a black cloud my friend! :sad:

Last edited:
@knee#2 its good idea would save my hands and wrists but it happened while I was out. spending a lot of my time resting on the bed nowadays has, leg swells even doing the simplest things and its not easy walking with leg that will not straighten and using crutches- must be a record for TKRs this use of the crutches its over 6 months now since the OP. Strange getting use to pain and walking strangely, though would like to have my life back how it was but that's life- cannot feel to down about it, one day it will come right, leg or no leg

I do sympathize with you in best way possible, I blacked out (total heart blockage) and fell within 12 hours of my TKR and next day pacemaker implanted which has given me new outlook on life but also just confirmed I have at least one rotator cuff tear on one arm and probably small injury other arm. Right now my new “normal “ is dealing with all sorts of pain and possibly more surgery.. I can see your new “normal “ is dealing with bent leg and pain. Remarkable how the human body adapts with difficulties.. hopefully our “normals” become less troublesome :rotfl::censored: in near future!

Well an update or shall I say No -nothing heard from Hospital -time for a phone call. had enough of knee not straightening and walking with crutches and with painful wrist

Blast :gaah:I had enough of my knees - with all the knee faults -both my old tkr and new knee are swelling up really bad -my socks really cutting into my legs- trying to use my old dvt socks but does not help and these too cut into my leg.

Is it easier to get an appointment with your GP? That much swelling needs to be addressed.

@Jockette - Got an appointment on Monday the 18th at my GPs -to talk about this and to get him to chase my appointment with another surgeon has this wait getting little annoying

Good, I’m glad to hear it.

I said to my hubby..”i do believe a donkey could’ve already delivered these messages around the city several times “ Lolol

Seen the Doctor today and a I discussed my problems with him and he was not impressed how the Surgeon has left my knee told me to contact the hospital in 2 weeks time if I have not heard anything from them, told him how painful my knee is especially at night and how swollen my calfs and feet are even after rest -he gave me 20mg furosemide to be taken once a day for a fortnight them to return for follow up appointment- hope these work for swelling

I hope this medication helps. So are you waiting for an appointment at the hospital now? I hope you get one really soon.

Just now phone hospital - did not wait until weeks time -thought I do it now and I was told my appointment is not until the new year with a new surgeon , there is a long waiting list I was told,

Well at least you have an appointment! Can you keep calling to see if it could be moved up? In the US we can be put on a list so that we can be offered an earlier appointment if someone cancels their’s.

Today was informed that all knee and hip replacements at my local hospital have been cancelled due to hospital running out of money to do these OPs and now most have got to wait at least nine months for ops -so afraid don't look good for me - I did wonder why my review to see a new Surgeon was going to take so long- so even if he say I got problems I will have to wait nine more months for revision

:badspidy::groan::censored: Horrified face ..... are there any other hospitals within driving distance or even somewhat “closer” proximity that you might investigate? How much more unfortunate can this situation become? I’m so sorry!! :holysheep:

@bland9
I am going to tag @Jaycey , she is located in the UK and may be able to advise if you can go out of your area to locate a surgeon without such a long waiting list.

Best you find out what is going on now, who knows you may be moved up to an earlier date.

@bland9 It's probably best to wait until after all this election business. Funding for the NHS needs to be defined and that won't happen until we have a new government installed.

Are you willing to travel for any treatment? It is your right to chose where to go and who to see within the NHS. What hospital has given you this bad news? I'll do some research and see if I can find a new area for you if you can travel.

Ask GP if I opted for another hospital to see another surgeon would I see more urgently he stated that I would have to start again and go back on a another list with guarantee to see anyone quicker'
BIG MOAN A COMING:censored:
Cannot feel so frustrated when I read all the ones doing well after there TKR and here is me cannot bend knee to no more than 70 ,cannot walk properly due inability to straighten leg ,walking with crutches , end up dragging leg and in lots of pain. and now my other tkr knee is really painful too, plus still having to go to work, good job I got good understanding employers, my Occupational health advisor said, she has never seen so bad a knee after a tkr and thought I just recently had knee done not seven months on, and sad thing is there is no light at end of the tunnel- really should not had this OP done

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom