MUA knee so stiff<<

@Jockette thankyou again- my concern is that my first tkr on my other knee has only ever reach 95% and that's were it has stayed even after 2 years -so in my case no more cycling etc, Surgeon stated that's the best its going to get. that's why i do get doubtful.:old:

I’m sorry about your first knee. Did the surgeon say why it never went past 95?

Jockette- He was always said that it will be the best it will get -why never asked- today I under pain from both OPs and resting in bed and sleeping- knee is feeling sore and tight and not sure why. cannot say i done to much because I cannot much taking into account of new op- is this normal nearly 2 months post op

Not been well at all with other op- but now pain subsiding my both knees hurt and very stiff so much again cannot say i done much at all - taking all my energy to keep chin up" not been out of house apart from going to hospital for what seems ages- next week knee swelling or not im going out much more-watch me run -well slowly

My knee still painful and walking with bad limp when not using sticks- the reason is my leg is very bent and will not straighten -making it very hard to walk - this after 8 weeks. hope this improve has getting fed up just sitting about:old:

9 Weeks post op and I feel so exhursted all the time and if I especially go for a 10 min walk , my knee ok if not overdoing it -though it feel so sore and stiff during walk. knee not able to straighten so cannot go for walk without both crutches think its the reason why I feel this way- and bend still 75 rom -think the only way is to ask for MUA, it cannot make it any worse than it is now .at moment its making life miserable

Today I have attended physio- no exercises just measure bend and straighten leg - bend is less than my usual 70 Rom - due to swelling and pain I guess today -my knee today hurts like mad . Told to keep up with gentle home exercises and she stated also -its most likely I going to have to have a MUA because of my continuance struggle with bend:headbang:- she did look concerned I must say-

Today walked to GP - given Tramadol to be taken at only at night due to bad pain alongside me co-codamol for the day pain. A couple of questions I like to ask all -my knee is constantly sore is this normal also just recent had a Iv in hand and due to this I now got Nerve damage in hand anyone had this and how soon do the pain subsides

Not taken tramadol yet has read many bad and negative reviews online so really wary on taking them so will keep on with Solpadol only -what are others view on Tramadol

It works just fine for me, no side effects.

Tramadol is a good step-down medication from the heavy-duty narcotics.

Try to remember that all the bad reviews about it only tell one side of the story. People just don't write if the medication works for them.

Here on BoneSmart, we've not had anyone who had a bad result from it.
THe only caution is that you do need to wean of it gradually and not try to stop "cold turkey" - but then that's also true for many other medications.

I suggest you try taking Tramadol and see how it helps you.

Thankyou Celle and Benay - thankyou for kind advice will take it when I really really need to. ie with shaky hands !!!! :rotfl:

Been doing more walking now the only problem when walking my knee/leg is my leg is not straight at all and getting worse so much so feel like a got one leg longer than the other, its making my both legs hurt cannot leave my crutches off neither - rom still around 75 and stuck rest or not, really wished I never had my knees done both are worse now than before OP

Got an appointment with surgeon 17th of this month will discuss continue soreness on medial side and about my walking -what I mean by this is my foot is pointing outwards like towards 2 o'clock why this is happening do not know and cannot lay in bed with it straight neither, this is not normal also talking about my knee being stuck at 70 so got a lot to talk about- never mind its now getting to the stage its not so much of a moan but a smile- has waiting for is what's next

I hope you get answers.

The only thing that relieves my stiffness is walking, even if only for a couple of steps.

Occasionally, especially in the middle of the night, I try gently massaging my foot and leg, and sometimes, I will add moist heat under the thighs, but usually, I end up carefully and slowly getting up, putting shoes on, and walking a few steps.

I’m so glad to find mention of the “banding” experience. I’ve described mine as piano wires wrapped around my knee cap and in all directions. I’m at 7weeks post op, 1 week mua, and am still at 40 degrees of flexion. It’s the “wires” that prohibit movement. The hope that they may go away is so important.

But the biggest struggle is the one between what pt pushes vs what I am reading here on bone smart. Pt hurts. All I want is to go to a session and feel better. My knee hurts most of the time.

went for walk around the shops first time in what seems ages- all I can say thank goodness I had my crutches - knee gave way many times the crutches saved me from falling and now home feeling sick with pain and ice bag in use, think I now sleep for hours if pain subside, Dam bent knee its a pain literally I say - if it was not for this I wont complain so much

I’m still having pain almost 4 months post op. The nerve & muscle pain is relentless. I take lyrica & meloxican as well as Aleve, & ES Tylenol. My doctor said if I need narcotics )which make me sick) then I have to see Pain Management. I’m not looking for pain pills, just relief. Any one else going through this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@mimi62 Yes I too am experiencing the same relentless pain but with me its the bent knee which causes constant pain when walking and also the shooting pain on the medial side of knee if move it slightly at an angle that gets me plus the, Doctor gave me Tramadol tablets but I too afraid to take these so I keep to solpadol tablets to take the edge of the pain. its just a case of icing when necessary and resting, its very frustrating I know when life seems to be passing by and all we are doing is resting etc and least to say bearing up with pain:groan:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom