MUA knee so stiff<<

the region of my pain is on the MEDIAL side
I had lingering pain at the medial area also. Until I got my surgery report I had no idea that my OS had done a medial release. Now, I had a reason for my pain at this sight. Do you know if you had one, too? That would surely explain your area of pain. It seems the OSs don't normally tell us what all they did inside of our knees and the report will help us to know more.

@sistersinhim - my surgeon don't mention much about the operation only that all went well- next time I shall ask for indepth report on my surgery- I believe that the trouble in my country is we just rely on the surgeon and take it for granted that the surgeon knows best. just an update wow my knee hurts and is so sore and dear not move it do to sharp medial pain on moving. feel so sick with pain up and down in bed and just standing beside to stop tingling in foot to- icing constantly and taken painkillers and nothing is touching it at present and all I done is walk short distant to hospital- I know the answer is to keep on resting -icing doing no good has mentioned before, surely I cannot spend weeks in bed has it been 6 weeks doing not much now and surely the muscles will get even more weaker and doing very little PT is this aspect Little PT causing the trouble

I'm sorry, but I don't have an answer for you. I will keep you in my prayers. :console2:

bland9 I inderstand your pain and frustration. As a fellow uk bonesmartie, I have learnt the hard way that surgeons do not always know best. But I waited 10 months trying to heal my first PKR knowing that time was a healer. However in my case that didn't work. I do not think Muscle strength in calf and thigh has much effect on knee pain, so all those strengthening PT exercises can wait until the knee can deal with the pressure required to do them, otherwise it will continue to swell and cause more pain and lack of movement. I had strong muscles pre and post op but knee still had problems.

You do not seem to be on complete bed rest, so when you get up to use bathroom or make a drink, your muscles take your weight so are working. When you sit with leg up icing the swollen and enflamed tissue around knee has a chance to cool, drain fluid so reduce swelling and start to heal. Everytime you get up the opposite happens (2 steps forward, 1.75 steps back). It is such a slow process. 6/52 really is not long into the healing process, especially if you don't know how much damage was done to your knee during the op.

I hope you start to see improvement soon.
:console2:

Again thankyou all for the support:friends: really did need it yesterday the pain was terrible -I would had put it right at the top of pain scale -which is 10, the worst pain since got out of hospital- with full rest etc its gone down to about 1 -that's how strange my knee is- swelling went completely this morning and could bend my knee , in which i believe another 10 %, . though make me afraid to do anything at all now, :happydance:

I’m so glad you’ve gotten some relief!:happydance:

saw others at the hospital whom had surgery and were casually walking around and they were lot older, me again crawled in has usual .
They didn’t have the same work done your knee had.

I know it’s hard not to compare. I’m 2 years post op and caught myself doing just that recently. I watched a neighbor walk by who had a TKR a few months ago and she looked liked she had such an easy stride and a nice pace, and I actually started to cry, as I did not walk that well at 3 months after my partial.

I have to constantly remind myself that I had a partial that not all surgeons agree with, plus I had a lateral release done at the same time, so, I definitely didn’t have the same surgery as others. My leg is much better now than those first months after surgery, but it’s never felt right and still doesn’t.

Today doing abit more around house so a starting to see micro improvement- but this dam clunk on medial side and severe shooting pain about 5cm below knee cap when moving knee sideward , make me shoot out of chair and hurts for 30minutes after that -getting afraid now to move it, what i doing now which sounds really silly -im tying a cloth tightly around it to stop it moving and it seems to work:dubious:

I was told not to strap my knee, that the muscles needed to build up to support the knee and stop the clunking. Have you spoken to anyone about the pain.

Mine did the same thing. I bet you had a medial release. Can't you ask someone if you did? Knowing why you are having this pain would help you emotionally. It did me.

Forgive me all I know others have it a lot worse than me- but today feel low mood:bawl:, today I thought i rest my knee oh no my knee don't want to rest - pain and restless legs -so i get up and walk around but knee don't like that neither.so back to rest and then cycle repeat itself. Cant wait until "Normal again" tomorrow cant do to much neither has got to have another operation unrelated to knee so need rest, do want to go into hospital with inflamed . swollen red knee,. though after Wednesday will have another pain to take my mind off knee.
Sorry all for feeling sorry for my self , but need a shoulder to cry on,:boohoo:

:console2:I’m so sorry you’re having such a tough time.

I am very sorry you're still struggling so much. I'll be thinking about you.:prayer:

Thanyou Jockette and Rockgirl it was really needed the support - I guess what also is bothering me to is that tomorrow going for another OP and its bothering me -though its just a day procedure so hopefully be home by the evening - general Anaesthesia and another set of pains to deal with. still getting over the knee surgery which does not help. be glad when its over

Hope for speedy recovery and some relief from knee issues. Hang in there.

One way to look at it is, while you’re under anesthesia tomorrow, you’ll have no pain and no worries at that time.

I am 19 days post partial replacement of my left knee (did the right knee last year). My surgeon gave me the go-ahead to massage ginger essential oil into my knee to help reduce the swelling, as long as I avoid getting it on the incision. I've been using it 1-2 times per day. It's slow, but it is definitely working. After one day, the swelling was less squishy. As the swelling goes down, your range of motion will improve.

If anyone is interested, this is super easy to make, and inexpensive. I make it in small batches. Mix one ounce of jojoba oil with 20 drops of ginger essential oil and put it in a spray bottle (glass, either cobalt blue or amber, to protect the essential oil from the light). That's it. Everything is available online. You can also get the everything at World Market or Sprouts if you don't want to wait.

Now Arrived home feeling sore and swollen, really evevntful -received nerve block to numb legs, Dr said you all numb and went into Operation theatre fully awake , started to Operate and I could feel them cutting and I said OH THATS VERY PAINFUL . THEY responded by oh we sorry stop the op and then given general=given no antibiotics or pain killers -not even been to toilet and sent home- reason all staff went home and left just couple staff on duty has far has I COULD SEE. so been quite a day
late edit - what made me laugh too is that they had to connect to the electric or earth me doing op ???
Update one positive thing is that my new need went back to around 95% so least i know my rom is there somewhere just waiting

Last edited:
Really feel Im improving through being able to walk around with not so much of a limp . which Im pleased about though must admit the whole leg feels heavy- guess its the residue from fail epidural nerve block i had with recent op- leg and foot not so swollen though still cannot bend knee much past 75% seems stuck. really expect MUA but again hope im wrong

I’m glad you feel improvement!

Please don’t worry about your ROM, it’s still quite early days.

One of our members, Bertschb, kept a record of his ROM process. He agreed for us to post it for those of you that are afraid you're stuck. The key is to have patience! Bertschb says:

“I'm 12 months out from my surgery and have some advice based on my experience:
1- Stop going to PT (all it will do is make your knee swell and reduce ROM)
2- Don't worry about your ROM
3- Be patient - VERY patient!!!

Here is my ROM history (more or less):

1 month - 60 degrees
2 months - 80 degrees
3 months - 85 degrees
4 months - 90 degrees
5 months - 90 degrees
6 months - 110 degrees
7 months - 120 degrees
8 months - 125 degrees
9 months - 130 degrees
10 months - 135 degrees
11 months - 140 degrees
12 months - 140 degrees

I spent waaaaay too much time worrying about ROM. I thought I'd be riding my bike a couple months after surgery but it took SIX months! Looking back on my surgery, if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have wasted my time with PT and I wouldn't have worried about ROM.”

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
TATTVASPA800000
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom