Knee replacement soon

CJB

Country
Canada Canada
Nov 9 is the date for my knee replacement.
I have had both hips done - this is my first knee.

Thanks Rose1940. I am living in Europe, though I am from Canada, so everything is in a language not my own...so that's why I thought I would read about the experiences of others on this site.

@CJB Welcome, and I'm glad you have a surgery date. This site is wonderful, and everyone is more than willing to offer advice, experiences, and support. I haven't even had my first TKR yet (coming in December), but I already find this site to be priceless. :)

Hello @CJB - and :welome:

Please will you tell us the full dates of your knee and hip replacements and which limb it is each time, so we can make a complete signature for you? Thank you.:flwrysmile:

You will probably find that recovery from a knee replacement takes longer than recovery from a hip replacement. That's because the knee is a more complex joint.
TKR or THR: which is more difficult surgery for recovery?

Here are some articles to help you prepare for your surgery:

Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

Regardless of where you are in the process, the website and app My Knee Guide can help you stay organized and informed. The free service keeps all the information pertaining to your surgery and recovery in one place on your smartphone. It is intended to be a personal support tool for the entire process.

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced knee, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing knee recoveries

Thank you Celle for all the information. It will be very helpful for me.
My dates:
R THR Nov. 2013
L THR Jan 2015
L THR coming up Nov 9, 2018

@CJB
I am waiting for a knee replacement too but it's not likely to be until next April. I am trying to gather as much info before then as I can.
I had a hip replacement in July and found this site invaluable then. You don't have long to wait until your op now. I hope it goes well for you.

I am still waiting 4 a surgery date. Ortho’s office is working on getting pre approval from Ins but probably late January. I also am trying to b as prepared as possible b4 surgery. I have good confidence in my surgeon. He has been doing this for 20+ years. I also looked him up on line even though he was recommended by my internist. Nothing but excellent reviews.

Thank you for your surgery dates, @CJB . I've put them in a signature for you.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mexicaliaguilas