• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Knee pain when sleeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankshak

I had a total knee replacement over 6 years ago. Although I have a good range of motion and can walk OK, when I am in one place for an extended time, my knee locks up and is painful. When sleeping, I am woken up with knee pain after about 2 hours. If I sit in one place for 1/2 to 1 hour, my knee starts hurting & I have to stand up and stretch. I am told that my knee cap is not a perfect fit and has some lateral movement which leads to the pain I experience. Doesn't make sense to me. Have also been told by 3 doctors that this is a common complaint and does not justify surgery to repair it.

Josephine

NURSE DIRECTOR
Nurse Director
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
That is appalling, Frank! Who are these doctors have fobbed you off so heartlessly? Are they orthopaedic surgeons? What ever, I would keep searching until I found someone who was prepared to do something for you. It's untenable that you should be left in this much pain and for 6 years!! My life!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
BenF
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom