PKR Knee fusion - what to expect

Refer to the attachment, I feel the implant is not placed correctly. It is where the pain is? Does anybody have any idea?

16237204506901823261542960431910.jpg

I’m sorry that you’re still having so much pain. When was this xray taken? What did your doctor say about it?

The doctor say it is perfectly placed. From the X ray I feel it placed too far right, as compare to center. I feel the patella maltrack since day 1, it is really painful and tight at the left.

Really helpless, it should not be like this. Any comments on X ray ?
I have posted your xray in our staff area for other staff members to take a look.

Can I have MRI with implant ?

Thanks, it is really a life changing experience. The weird pain and feeling is something that I will never forget, it is really scary.

Thanks for encouraging me
Hello cantel. I am 5 days RTKR I had a LTKR 18 months ago. My brain does not recall the pain from the LTKR. My kids assure me I did experience pain and I'm sure I did, just can't remember how it felt or how I felt. I hope your mind will eventually remove the memory of your pain.

Refer to the attachment, I feel the implant is not placed correctly.
You can't really tell from this X-Ray, because it isn't taken straight on. As a result, the hardware looks skewed, but it probably is not.

You are right, can not conclusively tell from X ray because of angle. Thanks

This morning, I went to consult the doctor regarding the pain. After long hour of test, ultrasound, and discussion. The doctor tell he could not find the cause. So he suggested start with some kind of nerve problem with pain management technic. I seriously don't believe this can resolve the pain problem.

What kind of activity are you doing? What PT? Do you have pain when you’re resting?

I have pain whenever I straighten my leg in full only. It is clearly an impingement pain, something hit or grind with the patella inferior. Such some kind of tissue overgrowth

I m thinking go straight to the radiologist instead of ortho doctor, get a conclusive image, then plan for next step

I have pain whenever I straighten my leg in full only.
It has only been about 2 months since you had this surgery. The end of your bone was sawed and drilled and an object of some kind of metal was forced into the bone. Healing from something like this takes a very long, slow time. Pain is to be expected for a while, as your body heals from this surgery.

Are you elevating your leg, and are you using some kind of cold therapy, such as a frozen gel pack, or ice? Always have a cloth between your skin and the cold source, to protect your skin.

Are you using a cane or walker to help support your healing knee when you are walking?

I don’t know if you can just go to a radiologist and get an X-ray without a note from your doctor. We can’t do that in the US.

Call your surgeon and explain your pain and ask for another X-ray. If the X-ray looks fine, you may just have to wait things out for a while and let your knee heal. It will feel better as it heals.

I did a lot of icing, and currently, I walk without aid. My concern pain come from contact pain. Not the gerenal surgery recovery pain.

today I met a 70s lady, 3 year after TKR, she show me her knee,I cannot believe it, she walked so upright without any limping, perfect TKR. I wish I had her recovery.

I agree with FourCats, you can’t compare yourself to anyone else, especially someone 3 years after the surgery.

Were you expecting a very fast recovery because it is a partial? I was! I thought I had read enough about partials, going into my surgery, but what I read was on orthopedic sites, and it implied this was an simple procedure and a quick recovery. 4 weeks after my surgery, and a very painful recovery and a PT protocol that caused me a lot of pain, I found Bonesmart and learned the truth, that even partials take an average of a full year for recovery. I was upset by my recovery, and upset that I had “misunderstood” the information I was given, and there was a lot of information I was not given. Bonesmart told me the truth.

My concern pain come from contact pain. Not the gerenal surgery recovery pain.
Can you describe this better? I don’t understand what you mean by contact pain.

I was still using a cane at your stage, and I did until 3-4 months, when I wasn’t home.

Very difficult to describe pain, in simple terms should be impingement, contact between two.

Something is not right, maybe tendon problem ? Or other tissue problem ?

Or other tissue problem ?
Tightness pain/discomfort is a normal occurrence after this kind of major surgery. Your surgeon did major carpentry work and disturbed every millimeter of soft tissue in this area. You aren't tight because your muscle is underused and needs to be stretched and rehabbed. You're tight because your tissue is healing...and full healing takes a full year or more.

My knee felt bad for months after my surgery, until it had further healing. I know it’s hard to be tolerant of it when you’re hurting, but you really are still early in this recovery. It really will get better with more time and healing.

Totally agree... before my first TKR my doc told me it takes 12months to heal. He also said my knee can keep improving for 24months, so it's early days yet. It was because my progress went backwards that they wanted to re-looked at mine. From what I have read and experienced, most people have a checkup at 6weeks.... is that the case with you? Your doc should be able to tell if you aren't progressing.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom