Knee flexion angle - 3 week post-op

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added some Aleve to my pain meds equation. My knee is less swollen and the pain has gone down by 60%. :dancy:
Now, my problem is that I need to trade off AGAIN which pain I like best knee versus stomach!!! My stomach is doing really fine since the surgery (no NSAID)...So I am counting the days until I have to put aside the Aleve :cry:again!

Life is about choices and managing the consequences of these choices!:dev-godseesaw:

Indeed it is. But I had no idea you already had stomach issues with NSAIDs. Do be careful.

Warning--thread jack. :wink1: Mother Jo (can I call you Mother Jo?), I took you up on your recommendation and took Tylenol rather than my Naprosen after my workout yesterday and I got adequate pain relief. Icing really goes a long way too. :thumb:

Ok, back to our regularly scheduled program. :th_heehee:

I switch a percoset for a tylenol! But it is good to try variations of our meds, our body heals as time goes and sometimes it is fine with less. Need to test it out!
I added the Aleve (which is Naprosyn) but I am going to do this for a week at the most, because my stomach is totally incompatible with NSAID. For me, I know for a week I will be fine. This might just help me get pass this hump on the road with PT. My knee is gaining a lot of flexibility lately (OK a lot is a few degrees for me and makes me really happy) and I want to keep it going!

You are right : Ice and Elevation helps tremendously!

Referee 54,

I understood your message a long time ago, I can not spend my entire days with the leg up and ice. I need to do my stretches and start living again slowly. This means that pain control needs to be adequate. Also I have found out that if I ice too often, there is a spot big like a small prune that hurt because of the cold. So yes to ice and elevation but it needs to be in moderation like everything else!:wink1:

Awesome recovery!!!! Do what makes your knee feel good, I love the pool...so relaxing.
ROM will continue to increase, just remember TKR recovery takes time...one day you'll wake up & wont think about balancing before taking that 1st step.
This is Your time, so Rest, Relax, Elevate and Ice! Don't be stubborn like me...superwoman. Thought I had to do it all as soon as I returned home from the hospital. Yes, I am a control freak, alot of nurses are :th_heehee:
The helpful advice from our friends at BS saved my recovery, just wished I found this site prior to BTKR.
Your posts are helping so many individuals, including me. Thank you!

I can not spend my entire days with the leg up and ice. I need to do my stretches and start living again slowly.
Well of course you do! And Tim wasn't suggesting anything to the contrary.
Also I have found out that if I ice too often, there is a spot big like a small prune that hurt because of the cold.
You need to protect your skin at first - a thin towel or folded pillow case cover under a fresh ice pack until it 'warms up' a bit. Never ice until you get that warning sign.
So yes to ice and elevation but it needs to be in moderation like everything else!:wink1:
Well of course! Did you seriously think we would be suggesting anything else? :wink1:

Finally, finally, finally:yay:....the bloating has gone the drain this morning! Those narcotic meds surely give you a hard time with transit:wacko:. Over the last while I have been drinking a minimum of 5 x16oz glasses of water daily and my regular Metamucil double dose with more water. Took full daily dose of sodium docusate as an emolient, ate "Activia yougourt" daily (has those good bacterias supp. in this brand), fruits and veges and 2 tablespoon of Flax ground flax seeds and Finally I got a full complete mouvement!....Have not felt so good in 6 weeks!:yahoo::hapydancsmil::egypt-dance::happy dance::amen1:

Officially completed 6 weeks post op!

This morning at PT got a 101 degrees ROM (+4deg since last week):yay:
Completed entire spin on the bike forward and backward and pedaled for 2 minutes!:yay:
Got my car keys back !:dancy:

What a wonderfull day....:biggrin:
PS knee is a bit upset at that bike ride!:DOH: But it will have to live with it, I'll ice it it should keep it quiet for a few hours!:loll:

Creation, I remember how worried you were when your ROM went backward. You have really done well to correct the situation. CONGRATULATIONS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• sistersinhim
    Staff member since March 20, 2017
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member