ConforMIS

TKR Knee done, what's next?

OP
OP
M

Miggie

Country
United States United States
@newlybionic @leejaa I always start the night out in bed, with my ice machine. Can usually get a couple of hours, then wide awake and then move to the recliner. Sometimes I'm able to go back to sleep there, others it just doesn't work. Now that I can sleep on my side, it seems a bit better. :)

I'm now at 4 weeks post op. Saw my OS today. Very pleased with my progress so far. My knee is at 0 and 115. We discussed OP PT and I told him I wasn't sure I wanted to do that. We agreed that I would finish up home PT then decide. I'm still learning toward no OP PT.

allin1

Country
Sounds like you are doing well. I had sleep issues as well. I would just give up and go watch a couple of hours of TV or read a book in the middle of the night. After that I could usually nap for a few hours. My knee hated being in one position for too long, so it would get stiff laying on my back in bed. Now 4 months in, it is much more tolerant and painless in bed so sleeping better. I think it will get better for you too, probably pretty soon. Hang in there!

OP
OP
M

Miggie

Country
@allin1, hi there! I too watch tv when I can't sleep, love it when I can find some good old movies. You give me hope that this will improve, hopefully very soon! Hope you continue moving ahead in your recovery, and maybe soon we'll both have happy new knees!

OP
OP
M

Miggie

Country
Something new in this recovery journey, I have been getting a very sharp pain in my knee. It doesn't last long, maybe a few seconds. It feels like I'm being stabbed with a needle. Is this connected to the nerves that were cut? Hopefully this won't last too long.

Jockette

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
We call those short, sharp pains “zingers”, and yes it’s nerves. Almost all of us get them and eventually they stop.

sistersinhim

Country
Yes, it sounds like you're having zingers. I described them as like a lightning bolt shooting through my knee. Thank God they don't last long!

OP
OP
M

Miggie

Country
Today marks 7 weeks post op. Things are going well, sleeping has improved (thank goodness!) haven't had to go to the recliner in a while. The zingers have stopped, at least for now. Knee is still stiff and tight at first, but it does better once I'm up and moving around. Steps are still an issue, neither knee likes them! Had my last home PT today, I'm at 117° flex, we were both happy with that. Still haven't decided about going to OP PT.

kneeper

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Sounds like you're progressing well!

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads