Knee Clunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, too, have a DePuy stabilized knee and mine makes noise as well. It's good to know that it is merely a feature of this particular knee. It certainly works well and bends very nicely for me. In a couple weeks I eill have a matched set.

Hi Linda,
Does yours still clunk? I am so hoping this thing quiets down. I am 5 months post,,knee is doing good I think. It swells when I stand or walk alot,but other wise pain is for sure better then before surgery. Seems like mine is swelling more then it use to, but I might be doing more also,lol.
Very good luck Linda,I wish you the very best.

Yes, it still clunks a bit--not always, but often enough. It's most apt to happen when I first take off, and it's always when the knee has no weight on it. It's really not a big deal to me.

Linda and Mark! As long as you aren't in pain! Mark could your swelling also be due to the heat and humidity while you're in the process of healing???

I also think at least part of my clunking is related to lack of quad strength. There are many exercises that strengthen the quadricep muscle that I cannot do because of the pain in my right knee. I'm hoping to strengthen the whole kit and caboodle after the RTKR.

Just take it EASY, Linda! Everything will improve in time!!!

OOWW yeah it can be a lil tough, but your right it geats better. Mine used to clunk as well....Not anymore....How ya feeling Judles...ready for that weekend...

Not at ALL.....are you ready, Kim? I better start moving! Family and friends are desending upon us tomorrow afternoon!!!! How about YOU????

Party all weekend! Jay's birthday is Monday, so we'll have friends and family come in shifts! As soon as these pop up thunderstorms end, the weather is supposed to cooperate! Better get lots of towels ready for the pool and fire up the grill!!!

Awww that sounds like so much fun..I do hope the weather cooperates for you guys...Maybe you can start your own wine at 2 am thread...jj...Have fun then but dont over due it....Nice to have family together it is so the best............

I love it!!! We don't get to see the kids or my grandbabies enough! :)

Ahem - ladies you are derailing Clunker's thread! Chit chat in the Social Room, if you don't mind!

Ahem - ladies you are derailing Clunker's thread! Chit chat in the Social Room, if you don't mind!

Watch them girls Jo,,keep a close eye on them:hehe:

Hey Jo it's all good,,them ladies need to talk,we all know that,hahaha. And like this is not the first time I have been derailed. One other time back in 1972 or maybe 73 I was derailed . But that was my own fault , I had my car up on the rail road tracks,haha I wish all of you a fun ,safe 4th of July. I like to refer to it as bang day. So happy bang day to all.:hehe:

Now how about that knee clunking??? CLUNK ON!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties