Knee Clunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right back atcha, Mark!!!! Who makes everything look fun and a walk in the park!!! (Oye!!!). :)

I love fun,,but sometimes my stroll through the park are like walks in south Chicago parks at 2 in the morning,eeeeeeeeeks.

Ummm,I think the clunking is getting alittle better. But can most of you tighten up your quads while sitting,,,and feel your whole knee move?I can make my knee clunk just by tightening my quads real hard. This seems like my knee is over loose or something,lol. I also have some swelling after sitting. 5 months post now. But the bone on bone pain is gone,very thankful for that!:thmb:

mark
I can tighten my quads while sitting and the only thing that moves is the knee cap and my quad.

Your whole knee moves? Wow this may be one that Jo needs to
address.

mark
I can tighten my quads while sitting and the only thing that moves is the knee cap and my quad.

Your whole knee moves? Wow this may be one that Jo needs to
address.

Well I don't know whats all moving,but I can clunk my knee loud. Plus I feel it hit.It does not hurt,but seems like over time that banging away in there can't be way good.lol My quad muscle is strong from biking and walking and lifting,so not sure if it's over strong compared to other things in there or what? If only I was like Kim,and could slide down my tongue and see whats going on in there,hahahahaha.

You are so silly Mark........But yeah I imagine if it keeps hitting something that cant be good.!!!!!!!!!!

LOL,,Kim,that made my whole day when I seen that. I even told my wife,if I could just slide down my own tongue and check that knee out. She asked if I was ok?? LOL Kimmie,you bring the world great joy. Never quit being YOU! And you call me silly?? I am NOT the one that started the sliding.:hehe:

Haha I know that. I love the sense of humor. Sometimes I read your stuff and laugh out loud and everyone here looks at me...lol....Where do you go fishing ? Do you have a boat....

Clunker, if its any consolation to you, even at 15 months out, when I contract my quad really hard my kneecap moves and there is a very slight click as it moves. The kneecap HAS to move when you do that.....it's attached! Don't worry...everything is fine if you are not feeling any pain. Things will just glide along in there and if the "clunk" is loud enough, just think of it as your internal rap sound. :hehe:

I think it will diminish in time, though.

Clunker, if its any consolation to you, even at 15 months out, when I contract my quad really hard my kneecap moves and there is a very slight click as it moves. The kneecap HAS to move when you do that.....it's attached! Don't worry...everything is fine if you are not feeling any pain. Things will just glide along in there and if the "clunk" is loud enough, just think of it as your internal rap sound. :hehe:

I think it will diminish in time, though.

Hi Jamie,thanks for the reasuurance. And I am not much into rap,but I do like Beyonce's music,hahaha. But that's more hip/hop,not? I will call mine knee/hop. Oh and that was one super model answer. I fully understand why Jo made you the super mod. I think Jo has plans for me also,,but they might not be so good,,hahahahahaha.

Well I don't know whats all moving,but I can clunk my knee loud. Plus I feel it hit.It does not hurt,but seems like over time that banging away in there can't be way good.lol My quad muscle is strong from biking and walking and lifting,so not sure if it's over strong compared to other things in there or what?

Mark,

What does your doctor say about that?

Mine feels like it clicks in the back sometimes. It has gotten quieter in time. Seems like yours isn't though. Wouldn't hurt to ask your OS. He should know.

Sorry, not much help. Only concerned.

Oh poor Mark with all your clunking! Seriously,have you asked your OS if that much clunking is normal??? When everyone starts turning around wondering what that noise is, shouldn't you be checking it out? Glad your wife shares your great sense of humor!! :)

Oh poor Mark with all your clunking! Seriously,have you asked your OS if that much clunking is normal??? When everyone starts turning around wondering what that noise is, shouldn't you be checking it out? Glad your wife shares your great sense of humor!! :)

Hi Judles,,,did you hear something,or did you just turn around for the fun of it? lol . And yes I have asked my OS about this clunking. He says very normal for as messed up as my knee was. He claims it MIGHT get better in time. It better,or I am going to clunk him,haha. He used the DePuy stabalized knee,removing the PCL as well.. He says one problem with this knee is you can get some clunking. I asked why that knee and he says he believes best choice for my age and activity level. I did have a second oppion before surgeory,at (Mayo Clinic) ,and they also were going to use this knee. I do think at times it's getting better,but about time I say that,it starts singing to me,lol.

Rose I hope yours keeps getting better for you as well.

Good luck Rose. Hope your check up is as good as mine was last week. Will cross my fingers for you.

Oh good luck Rose let us know...And yes you have to laugh sometimes...We will be waiting to here....I just realized your 4 days before me. You dont have hot knees?? No, Im soooo glad...

Clunker your not good at the PM's. I thought you said you were learning...You have to ck them when this big thing comes up on the screen that says private message...there ya go....

I, too, have a DePuy stabilized knee and mine makes noise as well. It's good to know that it is merely a feature of this particular knee. It certainly works well and bends very nicely for me. In a couple weeks I eill have a matched set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom