Knee Infection* Knee #2 Vent

I can't find the bio oil info I've seen discussed here. What does it do? I'm looking to make my newest scar look better. After being opened and healed three times my left knee just isn't as nice looking as after the first one.

1641421315435.png
found on Amazon

• IMPROVES APPEARANCE OF ACNE SCARS AND STRETCH MARKS - Clinically proven to help repair skin damage and scars from pregnancy, surgery, injury, acne, C-section, aging, and more. Bio-Oil is non comedogenic and a great acne scar treatment for face.
  • PACKED WITH POWERFUL, NATURAL OILS - Vitamin A Oil promotes the formation of new collagen and assists in skin renewal, increasing skin elasticity. Vitamin E Oil, Chamomile Oil, Sunflower Oil, and Lavender Oil are anti-inflammatory and promote healthy skin.
  • LOCKS IN ESSENTIAL MOISTURE WITHOUT CLOGGING PORES - Uniquely formulated, non-greasy body oil that hydrates skin and helps retain moisture to repair scars without clogging your pores. Effective acne scar healer and anti-aging face moisturizer for women.
  • HELPS SMOOTH UNEVEN SKIN TONES - Works naturally to improve the appearance of uneven skin tones, for light and dark skin tones. Mineral oil, one of Bio-Oil's base oils, works both as an emollient, which keeps the skin soft and smooth, and as a moisturizer.
  • FORMULATED FOR ALL SKIN TYPES - Keep Bio-Oil Skincare Oil on-hand to ensure the whole household is covered. Helps soften skin and repairs damage for all types, tones, textures, and areas of your skin. Bio-Oil is safe to use during pregnancy.

Member of the famous ODIC this morning. In the last few days I've removed the riser from toilet, doubled my time with floor peddling, added length to my walk, given up cane inside house and added extra exercises. Knee did well with all these extras but I'm paying the price this morning. Question: when you overdo it do you back off completely or just drastically reduce exercise for a couple of days? After icing my knee is already feeling better....

When I've overdone it, I go back to like week 3 activity - just the basics and lots of rest and ice. My logic is that if I've overdone it, my knee is reset a bit and the tissues are very inflamed. I let The Knee settle before I test it again. Sometimes it takes a few days.

Thanks @hawk2go , I will watch it carefully today. This is not my first replacement but I forget how I treated overdoing activities. I remember resting, just not to what extent. I see my OS for my 6 wk x-rays Thurs, I'm looking forward to that report.

Good luck with your 6 week check-up. I remember that I actually took it super easy before my OS visits so that I made sure to decrease the chance of swelling and get the best ROM during the visit - lol.

Saw ortho's PA yesterday for my 6 wk checkup. She x-rayed new tkr and showed me all was good and explained how it differed because of infection damage and hardware replacement. She was impressed with my ROM and flexion. She released me from PT but I asked for a couple of additional meetings with a different PT who may have a different take on strengthening my quads and working on my gait.

With all this good news....I'm not happy this week. My knee seems more sore and definitely stiffer. The last few days I've done very little exercising and iced and rested. I say that but in general I'm doing a lot more everyday activities. I'm so over waiting, being patient while feeling so blessed with my great progress. This recent experience (beginning in late Aug), has been very stressful, and scary at times. I need to slow down expectations but now that I think I'll be OK it's hard to do so. I know everyone here goes through this same process. Onward!!!

@Susie-Q , I appreciate the support and yes this group of people are terrific huh? I'm tired of venting though.....what is the opposite of venting? I'd like to post that next week!

@Starsfan22 IMO the opposite of venting is raving - reporting all the good stuff that's happening for you. But venting is really OK too when needed. To appropriate a comment from a Harry Potter movie "better out than in".

Congratulations- Wishing you a wonderful carefree retirement xx

Congratulations, starsfan22!! I think you have definitely earned that! I’m so very excited for you! . And, for your 6 week checkup. Two Very wonderful reports from you. As to your being impatient... with every thing that you’ve been through.....I think most Would be impatient at times. You really are an inspiration, & for me, when Any “ blip” comes along, ( and no doubt, there will be some along the way), I’ll think of you, & know that I can do it, even if unpleasant.
Btw, my PT has really been working on strengthening my leg muscles. I didn’t realize just how weak they were. Growing up, neither of my parents drove, so we walked, a lot. If we missed a bus, we’d often walk to pass the time, til the next one came. ( some fond memories). So I’ve always had strong legs. They Are getting stronger with the exercises, but, I also notice that my hips are bothering me some. I’m thinking it’s all related, & have some hip exercises that she gave me years ago, I’m adding those to my exercises. You might ask your therapist to give you some of those. I think you are smart asking for your dr to get you a few more sessions. I am So excited for all your good news... this should be a really good year of new beginnings... and you deserve it!

Thanks everyone for the retirement congrats. My mind is full of ideas, tasks I've been putting off, and just fun things I want to do. I'm also looking forward to not getting out in the frigid weather early mornings as I drive to work. I can stay warm and cozy for the first winter in many, many yrs.

I’ve been retired about a year and a half and I am sooooo thrilled to not have to be out in the weather and especially driving in it. The 10 yrs before I retired, I had a traveling nurse job and was on call and often out driving in middle of night. I am thrilled to be retired! Congrats to you on your retirement Starsfan. You will now be busy doing the things that YOU want to do! Have fun!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom