Bilateral TKR Kathi777's New Knees

My iPhone doesn't calculate floors well at all! I've gone up/down 3 times today and it still says 1 flight climbed.

Sounds like the Gizmo is off in some Fitbit and iPhone products. My Fitbit one unit works good up until I hill climb with my walks. It figured I was climbing stairs I guess! All good! Skin is still tight across knees.. but I am out enjoying my walks.

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170330_59785f59c2f553259b842de3a3beb312.jpg

I still am good... over 10,000 steps today! Skin feels tight but no limping. Ohh I get. It. You want to hear horror stories! Not gonna happen!

Happy to hear all is well and you're doing great! I'm jealous of the 5 miles!

Happy to hear all is well and you're doing great! I'm jealous of the 5 miles!

you will get there! I was active as I could be up until surgery. it was painful do not get me wrong.. daily i dealt with pain and it was wearing on me. I never used the motorized cart to ride in ever... at the stores. i always walked and pushed my cart.

I feel my healing and whole surgery process was probably helped by the strict no nonsense person I am. I cut salt, took bunches of vitamins, walked and did hand held weights to get ready for it... this week makes 12 weeks post. I have very small amounts of swelling, I was on my feet all day doing yard work, cooking, washing my motorcycle and then I did a small hike... over 10,000 steps for the day... no swelling. I feel better then before surgery I will say that!!

keep on walking! you will make the 10,000!
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170403_0331fa9c6c95a3cc027934fce593fd16.jpg

Congrats on your great recovery! I don't track my steps, but it sounds like your recovery is following a similar trajectory as mine (other than I'm totes jelly that you could drive earlier than I could!)

Glad you are making the most of your new knees. Can't wait to see what you can do at 6 months! :)

@Want2hike driving was a must. i live rural. I did not drive a lot, but needed to get out for groceries, prescriptions, pt. and i have a great grand daughter to visit! [emoji7] the fitbit was a gift in 2013. best 100.00 he spent! [emoji13] helps me track steps etc. believe me in 2015 when i was ready for two new knees and hub got hit on his motorcycle and i had to put off my surgery... i was not walking this much. it made me upset to see how little I could walk. so now I am very much enjoying being back at it.. see turkey, deer, sometimes bald eagles on my walks. I am glad you are doing well also!

Alittle freaked out right now. I somehow got a bladder infection. Went to dr. As soon as I figured it out.. hopefully has no adverse effect on me. Is there any risks with the new knees?

I don't want to hear horror stories! I'm loving your success stories! :dancy:

A UTI shouldn't be an issue for your TKR. Hopefully you're on antibiotics now.

@KarriB yes! soon as i saw blood in urine i was on phone to dr. it was too close to 5 so i went with a priority care ( same copay as dr) and got the pills.. they will call if they need to switch me to something else. doing a culture. [emoji854] believe me... I only want good things to happen! on the flip side... here is my days steps and tomorrow is my birthday!
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170502_ed8440f2bc10a56cc2c15a2f1e862e0e.jpg

My OS gave me permission to kneel. I can on soft surfaces....bed, pillow, yoga mat. It feels weird but doesn't hurt. I haven't tried kneeling on a hard floor without at least a rug or blanket under my knees.

Some surgeons prefer you not to kneel. Others don't give any instruction about it.
I can kneel on both my knees - they've both been replaced - but I don't like the feeling, so I avoid it if I can. It's good to know that I can do it in an emergency, though. Kneeling on a hard floor is always going to be hard and it's a good idea to put down something soft first.

My OS said I'm good to kneel whenever I feel up to it. The implants can handle kneeling. He said it might take getting used to again. Softer surfaces will be more comfy. I do plan to kneel further in my recovery.

Mine said I can kneel, but I prob won't like it. I've gotten on hands and knees on my soft bed so far. But I haven't had the nerve to kneel on carpet yet. My job involves being on the floor with kids, so I'm nervous about going back to work.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
OsteoBionicGal
Recent bookmarks
Back