TKR Just signed up for TKR

@Algarve46 Following my list of things to ask for, it's important to be prepared that after an epidural you will not feel anything from waist down for several hours after your surgery, make sure you empty your bladder prior to surgery as mishaps can happen, Gambelas failed to provide me with a "nappy" and after my 1st surgery, whilst in bed, I kept blaming the icebag :ice: for wetting the bed, second surgery I jolly well made sure it didn't happen again :heehee:

Just curious whether there was any particular reason why your surgery was not carried out by Dr Vicente if it was he that made the diagnosis?
Hello again

Dr Vicente referred me back to Dr Botelho at the SNS Hospital in Portimao as it was my Hip Replacement he did that went through my femur. I spent nine days in the hospital, first in traction then waiting, waiting, waiting for an op date, so I had my husband transfer me to the private hospital and on admission it was discovered I had MRSA so I was put into isolation for five days before it was decided my knee needed replacing before I had a Hip Revision.

Mine is a long and complicated story involving slips, falls, car accidents and infections and I am on both the knee and hip forums here. Never a dull moment! :oyvey: A good read if you have time. :heehee:

Just in case I need to be re-assigned I thought I would let you know that I now have a date for TKR surgery of 24th March 2022.

@Algarve46 :yes!: Congratulations on your surgery date, its good to have a set date, so that you can now get prepared, soon you will be on the healing side and towards a pain-free future.

@Algarve46 :wave:Wishing you good luck for your surgery tomorrow, thinking of you and look forward to welcoming your on the recovery side xxx

@Sara61 Many thanks Sara.

The weird thing is for the last couple of days my knee is the best it's been for quite a while. No pain and walking without the usual limp that I have become accustomed to. However, I know I am doing the right thing as I have had the same thing happen before but eventually the pain returns. I guess it's just my knee saying goodbye.

I'll be off to the hospital in a couple of hours for surgery sometime today. Thanks again for the good wishes. See you on the other side xx

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie