• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Just got back - weight loss support

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Nyland

Nyland

post-grad
Does anyone have a little dog that sleeps with you? I'm a little bit worried about my 10 pound poodle. He sleeps in his own bed at the bottom of our king bed, but he'll hop over anyone if he hears a noise. My husband LOVES this little guy. I've mentioned my concerns and he tells me let's wait and see. Well, why we wait and see, I'd love some suggestions to protect my newly operated knee from being hopped on. I'm thinking of getting a few more body pillows to protect myself. Anyone face this? How did you protect your knee?

Country
United States United States
Nyland, the body pillows may do the trick; however, one bloodcurdling scream
th_blackcat-03.gif
after the first time he jumps on the knee might very well make it the last time. All kidding aside, he may sense your situation, animals often surprise us with their ability to understand where we're coming from.:puppysmooze: I have nothing else to offer you in the way of advice on this.

Wishing you the best on your upcoming surgery and will be looking forward to your first post op post. Take care. We care.
big-hug.gif

KayeKaye

graduate
Country
My cat sleeps with us. She always walks on me and I've started getting her used to avoiding me now by moving and telling her no. She has the heaviest paws that feel like a hundred pounds each but she is light cat when I pick her up, very strange. But both the cats will jump up on my knees when I am sitting in the chair. So I guess that is going to be a concern.

OP
OP
Nyland

Nyland

post-grad
Thanks Judy and KayeKaye!
I loaded up on body pillows today. I know that the surgery isn't going to be fun for my husband and he is such a good, sweet guy, that I can't ask him to kick out his little friend. He'd be sad and worried about his little boy.

OP
OP
Nyland

Nyland

post-grad
Ahhhhh, I'm beat. Getting ready for surgery is tiring, for a type A perfectionist. I even packed. Everything is set up. House is ready. My plan is to practice with my cyro cuff on Sunday night. (no surprises) Shopping done. Had a wonderful night with our best friends. This time next week I should be home and healing. :SUNsmile:

Organist

senior
Country
Nyland, it sounds like the extra pillows are a good plan. Your "little boy" might sense that you need TLC, but the pillows would provide an extra cushion of space. Glad that you had a fantastic time with family and friends over the weekend. Pleasant dreams. :sleep:

KathyH

Sr Bonesmartie
Hope you enjoyed your socially active weekend, Nyland :dancy: Only another 48 hours to go. What part of the USA are you? Then I can look up our time difference and be with you in spirit (could be of the gin, whisky, vodka kind :heehee: ).

Kathy
xx

OP
OP
Nyland

Nyland

post-grad
Hi Becky and Kathy!
Had a wonderful weekend! I'm still getting ready, too. 2 more body pillows to put covers on.
I'm in Boston. :D EST
Off to my surgery class.

KathyH

Sr Bonesmartie
Glad you had a good weekend, Nyland. I see you are five hours behind us. Good luck with your surgery class :thumb:

Kathy
xx

1ELISEA

Sr Bonesmartie
Country
Well, Nyland, seems you are well prepared.

Now all you need to do is show up and go to sleep!

And when it's through we will expect to hear some humorous hospital stories.

All the best to you with your surgery!

OP
OP
Nyland

Nyland

post-grad
Hello my friends. Thanks for all of the well wishes, support, and encouragement. I realized at my surgery class, that you all have helped me so much more than any class. In fact, I've learned more from all of you than my health care team. (I can't believe that, but it is TRUE!) My house is ready, I'm packed, and all I have planned for tomorrow is to have my hair done. I can't believe my time is almost here. Soon I'll have a new knee!

KathyH

Sr Bonesmartie
Woohoo, Nyland, am excited for you to be having your brand spanking new knee. Do you know what time your surgery is scheduled for, so I can be thinking of you at that exact time - although I will be thinking of you and the other members of the 25th Club all day long :yay:

Kathy
xx

OP
OP
Nyland

Nyland

post-grad
Thanks Jersey Chick and Kathy!
I should know my surgery time by 4 PM today. I will let you know.
I was thinking about this last night and maybe it will help others that feel a bit nervous. I think that by getting everything ready at home (I am so type A!!!!!), helped me to focus on my recovery at home AFTER the surgery and hospital stay. I have been so focused on the AFTER that I haven't thought too much about the surgery itself.
I can't wait to get my hair colored today! With all of this infection control washing, the pretty golden butter color has faded and left me with a toooooooo light towhead blonde. Hubby and I are going on a date tonight. We opted for Ice Age and pizza with our little princess on Saturday night.
Everything is good. I am so ready to be on the other side.

Jacky48

big-cheese
Country
Nyland, I wish you well tomorrow and a butterfly free tummy! I will be checking in later for your time schedule! Your doing great! Getting your hair done is a wonderful thing to do for yourself, plus you'll be all dolled up for when you meet your new knee!:flwrysmile: I look forward to hearing from you on the other side! Sleep well tonight my BoneSmartie friend!:friends:

OP
OP
Nyland

Nyland

post-grad
Thanks, Jacky! Your incredible recovery has truly helped me know that I can do, and live through, this. :friends:

Jacky48

big-cheese
Country
Oh yeah girl! If I can do it anybody can do it, all it takes is positive thoughts and a strong mind and I think all BoneSmarties possess these qualities and some!:friends: We're a strong lot aren't we!:thumb:

OP
OP
Nyland

Nyland

post-grad
Ain't that the truth! Reading everyone's adventure and all of the great advice has been truly helpful. My friend that had RTKR in December regrets it. She was in the hospital for 5 days and then went to rehab. She told me just the other day that we are not allowed to stand on our new knees. She said that she never stood until she got to rehab. When I got home I looked at your thread and saw that you were lapping the hospital right after surgery. So, at my pre-op I asked my OS if I could stand after surgery. He told me that I WILL stand and walk the same day. I wouldn't have even asked if I didn't have friends here that share their recovery adventures. This forum is so valuable. I appreciate all of my BoneSmarty friends! Off for the day. I'll post my surgery time later today. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom