Reverse Shoulder Replacement Just found out

GiGi3263

Country
United States United States
It feels so odd to be back on Bone Smart, it was so helpful with my first knee replacement. I’m scheduled to have a reverse shoulder replacement early October. This will be the first surgery for me since my husband passed and I’m a little overwhelmed.
1. I have 2 large dogs 100pounds +, am I better kenneling them for a bit? One is still recovering from dog equivalent to knee replacement and needs to be walked. The other is mellow and listens well.
2. Do I need someone to stay with me and for how long?

Thanks guys, looking forward to getting to know some of you

Welcome back! I am so sorry for your loss. It's understandable that you're overwhelmed at the thought of going through surgery / recovery alone this time

Were you here under a different user name for your previous surgery? Also, wondering if you'll share the date of your TKR, or both dates if it applies, and which knee was replaced with each surgery date.

Do you have a date for your October Reverse Shoulder Replacement? If so, we can create a signature for you reflecting your surgeries.

I would suggest you board the dogs initially. Jamie from Admin experienced shoulder replacement and she recovered alone and is doing so again after a recent THR, so I know it can be done with some careful planning ahead of time. I'm sure others will comment on this topic also.

Will look forward to following your journey and I wish you comfort as you await your October date.
@GiGi3263

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dcytpoti
Recent bookmarks