PKR Just Do It

Zara

Country
United States United States
Good morning. I am scheduled for PKR on Sept. 17th. I have been reading all of the information on the website so hopefully I have everything I need for after surgery. I have an ice boot, walker, crutches, Tylenol, aspirin, and a bunch of pillows for elevation. As you can see I am a planner. Am I missing anything else?? I am so thankful I found this site it is such a wealth of information. I don't know if others have experienced this but the closer I get to surgery the more inpatient and irritated I am with my knee pain and things in general. I just want this surgery over with despite knowing it will be a painful recovery.

Am I missing anything else??
Somewhere to sit in comfort for extended periods with everything you need (e.g. TV and remote, books, drink, food, ice machine, etc). Bathroom nearby on the same level. Riser for the toilet seat.

Servants to minister your every whim would be ideal, but too costly for most :) :-) (:

As you can see I am a planner. Am I missing anything else??
Check your home for tripping hazards - anything your feet or crutches might catch on. Remove rugs, check there are no electric cords and suchlike that you could trip over.

Set up a "nesting" area where you'll be spending most of your time. Have everything you'll need on a little table, within easy reach. (Oh, I see Roy Gardiner already told you that!)

Thanks for the suggestions. I found once I decided to do the surgery I just want to get it done and start my recovery. Reading others experiences on this forum has been great. My goal is to get back to riding my horse and hopefully competing next spring.

You will get back to riding your horse, but maybe not next spring. This is a year-long recovery and, no matter how much you want to speed that up, there's nothing you can do to make recovery go faster.

Listen to your knee and try to keep it happy. Steady, gentle progress is what to aim for.

@Celle thanks for the reminder to go slow and easy. I will post again after my surgery on Thursday 17th.

Good luck!

PS Loose, light clothes? Especially skirts/dresses? My knees and or their nerves did not care for the weight of anything at first, and really did not like pants of any sort for awhile.

Last edited:
Best wishes for a successful surgery and great pain control in recovery.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back