Watch 2020 JRAD Videos

Just Do It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Lucia

Lucia

I think I worry more than I should because I am abysmally out of shape. I gave exercise a good try for five months last year, but the more I did, the more the knees hurt...not the "I'm getting stronger" kind of hurt, but the "You shouldn't be doing this to me" kind of hurt. I've been sick this past month and am going into TKR feeling weak as a kitten. The main PT at the hospital center is one for pushing hard, harder and even harder.

Titianlady

Sr Bonesmartie
Country
United States United States
Lucia. That is NOT the way to rehab a TKR. NEVER let them push you hard. You are in control, and if the PT gets over ambitious, tell them to STOP!! That you will not be pushed to pain, and that if they continue, you will not be attending PT.

You should be doing nothing more in the beginning than gentle heel slides and gentle stretches. Do not let the PT lay a hand on your leg and manually bend it for you!! No pain, more gain, is NOT the way it works for TKR. It is no pain, MORE gain.

OP
OP
Lucia

Lucia

My surgery was FEB. 23. (Took aa detour through ICU, regular room, Rehab so today -- March 10 -- is my first night online with a real computer. Thanks forever gimpy! (Very first surgery scheduled for Jan 9 had to be cancelled.​

forevergimpy

senior
Glad to see that you had your surgery and after your brief excitement you are back online. :tada: I'll be reading on the recovery board soon, and will look for your post-op thread.

Country
United States United States
welcome 15.png
to the "other side" and the wonderful world of recovery. You need to go to the Knee Replacement Recovery Area forum and click the
black oblong at the top right hand side of the page that says "Post New Thread"--when you click on it, it will open a title box. You determine the title you want for your thread and then go down to the dialogue box and start your first post in the recovery area. I'll be looking for your first post there.

Take care and start that new thread. We care. st pat hug 5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
KateT