• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. Starting tomorrow August 6th at 8pm EST, the datacenter network team will implement scheduled maintenance as part of a large scale project to upgrade code on the switching platforms hosting our server. During the upgrade, we expect public and private connectivity may drop intermittently, over the timeframe of 15-20 minutes at most, while the switching platform is upgraded. During the upgrade, no customer impact is expected.

If you are unable to log in, please check back in an hour or so and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Lounge Doctor

TKR June TKR

MrsWhiskers

Country
United States United States
I'm still in the hospital but I can't believe I'm having so little pain bending my knee now! I expected the muscles and tendons to be painful after being cut and moved, but wow! PT says I'm be ding my knee about 70° 24 hours post op. How do I know if that's good?

Roy Gardiner

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
:welome: to BoneSmart

Pain might start as the anaesthesia wears off.

Don't worry about 'good' at this stage. Just relax...

Knee Recovery: The Guidelines

1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary

2. Control discomfort:
rest
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)​

3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you​
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.​

4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these

5. At week 4 and after you should follow this

6. Access these pages on the website

The Recovery articles:

There are also some cautionary articles here

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery.

While members may create as many threads as they like in a majority of BoneSmart's forums, we ask that each member have only one recovery thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review history before providing advice.

FourCats

Country
If they did a nerve block, the pain will be minimal until it wears off. Be sure to read the information here so you know how to make the best of your recovery.

Sisterpat

Country
@MrsWhiskers, when was your surgery and which knee so a signature can be created for you?
Pain will be minimal for a while from anesthesia. Don’t be discouraged if it increases. Come back often for advice and support

Last edited by a moderator:

Jockette

Country
I expected the muscles and tendons to be painful after being cut and moved,
These are not cut anymore, but they are moved out of the way and have to recover from being handled.

I‘m glad your pain is being well managed, thats so helpful for recovery. Take things slow and easy and you’ll do well.

New

OneStep App

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
swing dancer
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom