THR July Hip Replacement - When will I ski again?<

Sorry you're going through a difficult time.
Great news on the biopsy. Also good to read your hip is feeling more relaxed.
Hopefully things start looking up for you soon.
Warmest wishes for a peaceful weekend.
@Lski

Thank you both (@Lmflora & @An54)
Stretching is helping. I am still sore this morning but better with increased range of motion. I can bend my knee to my chest and reach my foot and also swing it to the right, which I was not able to do 24 hours ago. Progress!!!!

@Lski , I had a breakthrough too... a couple of days ago, I put on my right sock without the plastic sleeve sock-aid! First time in ages. It's good to focus on the progress. Okay, so I only did it once so far, and was too stiff yesterday, but it's a start.

Well I made it through the weekend and most of this week. Dissolving this marriage is going to be a challenge. The housing market has gone down since we purchased our home in 2012, so selling now would result in a huge loss. I've researched some other options that will make it affordable to stay in the house and get some money out to give my husband to start his future with. So far he's been agreeable to terms I've suggested. I'm hoping to complete the divorce agreement this weekend.
On the work front my disability claim for a reduced work schedule (4 hrs per day) was approved through 11/25. They are waiting for additional info from my docs to approve it until my next surgery date 12/18.
My hip is feeling better this week. I've forgotten to take Tylenol a few times and the pain is about 4 out of 10. I have a few more days of the anti-inflammatory medicine. PT is a great help too. My range of motion keeps getting better.
Hope your all having a good week.

Hi there :wave:
Great news that your hip is feeling better this week. It's promising to read PT is benefiting you and your range of motion is improving. May it only get better.
Have a great weekend!
@Lski

My goodness you really have had a lot to deal with. Hopefully the divorce will continue to be amicable. It is such a huge step for you but with that situation resolved will make it easier to tackle the rest.

I hope you manage to hang on to the house.

Sending you all best wishes x

Today is 4 months with my new hip.
Have been working 4 hour days, going to therapy 3 days a week and saw a chiropractor this week. It was a Groupon deal for a pain evaluation with a massage. I bought it for the relaxing massage. The pain evaluation revealed that my pelvis is out of alignment which may have attributed to the AVN in my right hip that was replaced. He said he could help me fix it with some treatments and possibly avoid having to replace my left hip someday.
He seemed very knowledgeable about hips since he had one replaced a year ago & is getting the other one done in a couple weeks.
I’ve also been house hunting looking for a smaller home. I’m not sure I can take care of my big 4 bedroom colonial myself. There is a ton of gardening & yardwork on top of housework to keep this place in order. As much as I dread packing boxes and selling the house it would be better for me to downsize.
We found a house my daughter loves. It has a large treck deck going to a big pool in the back yard, a fire pit & cute shed. Not much land left to mow. The pool would be great to exercise these hips and cool off in the summer. The bathrooms are quite small and the laundry is in the basement. It’s another colonial but is smaller with only one family/ living room and newer kitchen. It’s listed just over my max. price to purchase and list my current house for sale after I move out. If I have to pay the list price I’ll need to make an offer contingent on the sale of my current home, so it’s not likely the offer will be accepted.
I’m also considering buying land and building a modular home. Everything would be new and my choice. I really want a ranch or cape cod with a bedroom & bathroom on the first floor.
Lots to think about.

The divorce is moving slowly. I started the paperwork with an attorney today. We are trying not to spend a fortune to dissolve the marriage. This lawyer does it for a reasonable price and we will just have a divorce agreement notarized that outlines how we will split assets etc. At least we aren’t arguing anymore. There haven’t been any blow ups. I wonder how long this will last.
The hip continues to progress with therapy, massage & stretching. Hope you’re all doing well on your recoveries too.

Last edited:
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope you're having a nice weekend and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!
@Lski

All progress on all aspects. Really hoping it all works out for you. Love the part time work and am very envious. And would love a pool!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom