THR July 19

Mishy

Country
United States United States
That is the date of my THR. Already getting the house ready and doing the prewash for 2 days. Have had PKR since 2009. Will most likely need my left hip done shortly. Having an anterior approach and everyone says this is an easier recovery than the knee replacement. From reading these forums it seems so. Just not happy that will need my left hip so soon. I have gone 12 years with no issues in my joints so I am very happy about that. Was just so upset that I had to cancel two trips that I had planned. I am very active and have had to stop most of that except for swimming exercises.
The let it heal slowly on it's own will be a real challenge for me. I like to get up and go and I am sure that is the worst for hip healing from what I have heard. Easy does it in the beginning. Thanks for this website. Feeling a little anxious right now.

@Mishy Welcome to BoneSmart! Of course you are anxious - we were all in the space pre-op. Worry not! We are here for you!

Waiting is the hardest part of this process. Keep posting here. It does help ease the nerves.

Hello and Welcome to BoneSmart. Thanks for joining us.
Best of luck tomorrow! I’ll be watching for your first update on the healing side to follow your recovery journey. See you there soon! :wave:
@Mishy

Thinking of you this morning,, I hope it all goes smoothly and soon you will be in recovery mode!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom