THR Juanita's Hip Recovery

so sorry you have to wait. can you get it scheduled knowing it might have to be pushed back?

Sorry you seem to keep hitting brick walls and that the injection gave you no relief at all. Just try and find things to keep you occupied while we wait this virus out. Hallmark channel is running Christmas movie marathon to try and keep everyone's spirits up. Just a suggestion. :console2:

Prayers for comfort... try to eat well...keep that immune system cranking.
Hope the weather will permit some Vitamin D therapy :SUNsmile:

Still trying to continue to lose weight I've done really well since my first hip surgery on 7/26/18 I went from 175 to 142 yay !!!!! I just seemed to have stalled lately being that I can't exercise:dancy: I know once I get fixed up I'll be back on my way to being totally fit !!!! I can't believe that my one year anniversary of my hip replacement is right around the corner:flwrysmile: I just wish it was 100% but it will be one day !!!!!

Ok hippies I have a question , how many of you if any have used cbd for pain ? Whether in a cream , oil or vape and did it work? :sos: I've gotten to the point with my pain where I can no longer take it and I don't want to continue to use narcotics . I was really hoping to have my revision soon and this would be a non issue but due to covid 19 it looks like surgeries will be getting pushed out quite a ways so here I am :shrug: any info at all would be greatly appreciated TIA
:thankyou:

I have deleted the above post.

Here are BoneSmart's rules for discussing CBD and THC:

* Must be legal where you are
* Must be your experience with the product (does it work or not)
* If it's purchased legally without a prescription and not under a doctor's care, it must be hemp (CBD) oil without THC
* If it's any type of product with THC it must be legal in the area where you are AND you have to be and say you're working with your doctor to use it

* Non-THC CBD oil applied externally. CBD oil discussions are fine as long as it is a hemp product that has little to no THC in it and you are not taking it orally. If a member talks about successfully using CBD oil and they don't specify that it is the hemp-based, it is appropriate for moderators and advisors to post and ask for clarification. Hemp based products used externally don't need to be coordinated with a doctor.

* CBD oil that contains THC. If the CBD oil has THC (the chemical that makes you high), it is only okay to discuss it if you are in a state or country that permits sale of the product over the counter and you are not taking it orally. If a member is talking about successfully using a CBD oil and they don't specify that it has THC or not, it is appropriate for moderators and advisors to post and ask for clarification. CBD oil used externally in states or countries where over-the-counter sales are legal don't need to be coordinated with a doctor.

* CBD oil or cannabis products taken orally. If the product is being taken orally (with or without THC), they need to be working at a minimum with their GP in order to discuss it on BoneSmart because there are possible interactions with other medications.

Last edited:
@Ryesgma - I suggest you contact your own doctor for advice about pain relief.
It's not a good idea to take medical advice from other members on BoneSmart.

As you can see from the BoneSmart rules, above, it may be possible for you to use CBD oil, but it's always wiser to let your doctor know.

Icing or applying warmth may also help to ease your pain.

Maybe this is a good time for you to request a consultation with a pain management group?
Several of my clients opted to do this and they have several ways to help you and it's under medical supervision.
I am guessing that your Doctor, who is aware of your struggles, could get you a consultation via skype or some other method of telemedicine and get things started for you?

I'm so sorry you are struggling so. But! Congratulations on your weight loss that is veery encouraging, isn't it?

@Celle im so sorry I didn’t realize I was asking an off limits question I guess I don’t really think about it too much because I’m in Southern California and it’s legal . I was going to pain mgmnt but they put me on hold because I have upcoming surgeries, I will try and reach out to one of my drs and see if there’s anything else they can do for me :angel: once again I’m sorry if I’ve offended anyone with regards to my previous post

So sorry you got pushed back by this virus. Given the delay, it may make sense to check back in with pain management. They might be able/willing to help since surgery date uncertain.

Please understand we realize it wasn’t your intention to offend anyone.

I hope you’re able to connect with pain management again in some way since it’s uncertain when your surgery will be, or find some relief through the article, Celle, left above.

I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned heat, or if you’ve tried a heating pad ever. A few of us on Staff found that while it doesn’t necessarily relieve your pain, it does offer some comfort. I often found myself going to bed earlier in the weeks leading up to my surgery so I could get off my feet, relax and watch tv while using my heating pad. I purchased a larger one that covered a greater area and it did bring me some comfort. it may be worth a try....if you haven’t already.
Wishing you peace and comfort. Be safe, stay well.
@Ryesgma

Good evening hippies , today was an especially rough day the pain got to the point where it was in my foot and I couldn’t take a step without being in excruciating pain :bawl:I still am waiting to hear back from pain management I’m sure with all that’s going on with covid 19 it’s not exactly top priority unfortunately. I am also going to be emailing my Surgeon just for some kind of information on a possible date for my revision, I’ve spent the better part of a year trying to be as positive and proactive as possible but to be honest it’s getting to a point where I’m not sure how much longer I can keep this up:sos: it’s hard for me to believe that my one year hip anniversary is on Thursday I thought I would be sooooo much better by now but sadly no . I know I should be grateful that this is all that I have to dealwith health wise and trust me I am but I didn’t think that I would also have to deal so long living with this 24/7 chronic pain:boohoo:ok rant over I guess I just needed to get that out whew . I really hope that the rest of you are staying healthy and feeling good:yahoo:

I am still waiting to hear back from pain management I’m sure with all that’s going on with covid 19 it’s not exactly top priority unfortunately. I am also going to be emailing my Surgeon just for some kind of information on a possible date for my revision.

Good Morning Juanita,
Consider phoning the pain management office again today. You know the old saying “the squeaky wheel gets the oil.” I’d also email the OS’s office again in an effort to get something on the books, even if it needs to be re-scheduled again given the current situation with the pandemic. While we can offer emotional support, unfortunately we can‘t help with the pain you’re suffering and getting these appointments scheduled may at least offer you some hope that brighter days are in your future. :SUNsmile:
Wishing you comfort for today.
@Ryesgma

Hello and Happy Thursday @Ryesgma
I‘m sure on this one year anniversary of your surgery you’re pondering where you are, as opposed to where you expected you’d be. Hang tight and know that brighter days are on the way. :SUNsmile: I hope today is a good one for you!
Stay safe and well.

@Ryesgma
Sorry you are going through all of this...who are your surgeons in panorama city...(Guanche?)...did they do both the thr and psoas tenotomy?...

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88