THR Juanita's Hip Recovery

I can call the nurse advise line and they would probably tell me to go to the er but at this point I can barely walk to the bathroom so I’m not sure I can do that .
I called 911 last week for extreme pain and the ambulance folks were very helpful, so I did not need to walk much.

You might even consider a trip to a chiropractor.

You might even consider a trip to a chiropractor.
I have considered it as well , I might have to wait until I can walk without feeling like I’m going to drop from this excruciating pain . I’m trying everything I know to get through this I’m currently taking my pain meds and laying down with moist heat on my back praying it brings some relief

Just got a phone call from my insurance and my referral to go see my 5th orthopedic surgeon in panorama city has been approved , so now I just wait till they call to schedule it yay!!!! Hopefully this one will be THE one :angel: now to get this excruciating back pain under control . I'm going to try as many home remedies as possible before I decide to visit the er , I hate going there too many icky sick people and they usually can't do very much for people in my situations . Plus like I said before I can barely get out of bed to go to the bathroom:dead:

Well at least things are looking up a bit with the referral being approved. So sorry you're still in so much pain. As I don't have any new ideas for you let me just send you cyber hugs and keep you in my thoughts and prayers. :console2: :praying:

I got my 5th opinion scheduled for 3/3/20 in the area I wanted (panorama city) and with a surgeon that was recommended by quite a few people , so hopefully he will be the one to help me :angel: I have my appointment tomorrow with interventional anesthesia to see what if anything they can do for me as far as my pain . But I do know I will not have anything to do with cortisone until I find out if im going to be having surgery to fix this protruding screw . The pain has not subsided at all , I'm hoping to get this anesthesiologist opinion on my issue as well and if he thinks I need to be seen asap then at least I'll be right by the er . :sos:

I have used an interventional radiologist ( Maybe the same type of job? ) and it was a very precise placement, with little pain. They are very sterile and look like astronauts.

Not for a protruding screw, but for delineating hip from back pain.

Glad you have a new appointment and an interventional anesthesiologist on board.

Ok ouch !!!! Woke up this morning and I can barely move :dead: thank god my husband took the day off to take me to my drs appointment , ha had to help me out of bed and to the bathroom and back into bed on the heating pad , I’ve since taken a pain pill and I’m waiting for the pain to subside just enough so I can be mobile. I will attempt to get myself together for my appointment but have a feeling that I will be bringing the walker out of retirement. Prayers that I can at least make it to this dr today:angel:

Happy Wednesday! Best wishes for the day. :)
Not sure which surgeon you are meeting with at this appointment?
Hopefully your visit goes well.
@Ryesgma
I’m meeting with the interventional anesthesiologist that my original orthopedic surgeon referred me to , it’s just my consultation so we shall see where we go from here . Hoping that I can make it, I could barely get out of bed this morning so hoping that the rest of the day is better

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well some good news I guess , the anesthesiologist says my spine mri doesn’t show significant damage , he thinks it’s a combination of the screw protrusion and he believes my Piriformis. He is going to set up to do an injection into the Piriformis but first I have to go through the allergy dept due to the fact that I’ve had a reaction to corticosteroids so we shall see . He is also emailing my original orthopedic surgeon and letting him know that he needs to review my ct scan and get me an appointment to see if he is even willing to remove the offending screw . So once again we play the never ending waiting game :dead: :dead:

Hopefully you have no problems with the allergy tests and can an injection to maybe help with the pain. And hopefully with the anesthesiologist sending an email to the OS about the screw will get someone's attention.

I know you are beyond frustrated...hope you get a call very soon.:fingersx:

:bored: Waiting game is right! It's been a long journey for you with no clear end in sight yet. Hopefully a plan is put in place soon so you can celebrate a success in the near future. Fingers crossed. :fingersx:
I hope you have a pleasant Thursday.
@Ryesgma

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015