THR Juanita's Hip Recovery

So is the pain in the hip joint itself?
Are you using a cane to keep weight off it, and does that help any?
Just trying to understand exactly what hurts and when?
Have you been icing whenever possible...I know it has been 5 months but ice usually is very helpful.
Hope this new doc has some answers for you...:console2:

Good Morning @Ryesgma
I'm wondering what the date is of your appt with the new surgeon?

Not sure what you're taking now, but if its "nothing" you could try Extra Strength Tylenol at 4000 mg per day. Taking 1000 mg every six hours, not to exceed 4000 mg within any twenty four hour period. You would also need to calculate in anything else you're taking that contains Acetaminophen to stay within the safe range of no more than 4000 mg per 24 hrs.

Without really knowing exactly where your pain is, how often it hurts, it's intensity, or origin, it's difficult to tell you how to address it. Try heat, try ice, try alternating the two. Try rest, gentle massage, whatever you feel may bring you a measure of relief as you wait.
Wishing you comfort and relief.

Well, it's your Five Month Anniversary, today and I wish you were feeling better so we could celebrate it.
Hopefully your pain has eased somewhat since you last posted. I hope your appt with the new surgeon isn't too far off. Wishing you comfort and a peaceful day.
@Ryesgma

@Layla thank you so much :loveshwr: I too wish I was actually pain free at 5 mos but apparently it wasn't meant to be . My pain actually is getting worse:oyvey: and unfortunately my appointment with the new os isn't until 9/26 . I'm seriously considering just going back to the ER and hoping that they will order a CT scan:prayer: we shall see. @Mojo333 the pain is right in the joint and the front and side of my thigh , it hurts directly in the joint when I walk , sit , lay down etc. It also hurts when I touch certain areas around the hip and incision site:thud: I am taking Tylenol with little relief and icing as well. Praying tonight that I can sleep:angel: I hope that you guys had a great labor day weekend:yahoo:

Good Morning,
I'd consider doing "something" if I was in pain that was miserable and escalating. Twenty Three more days is a long time to wait in the physical state you describe.
I hope you got some sleep last night and you're feeling a little better today.
@Ryesgma

Good evening , I did end up going to the ER on Tuesday:thumb: they ran blood work and did both a CT scan and a MRI along with doing an ultrasound on my leg to make sure no blood clots. Good news no blood clots and the only thing the Dr said about my CT was that there's scarring around my hip:oyvey: not exactly sure what can be done for that ? Haven't received any information about the MRI yet , I emailed my surgeon today for his opinion. I do have an appointment with my primary Dr on Wednesday so maybe she can help me :angel: any info on this would be great.

Hiello, It's good to read you went to the ER and they're ruling things out. Let us know what you hear on the MRI and your surgeon's opinion on all. Best of luck with your appt with your PCP on Wednesday.

You're taking positive steps in the right direction. Hopefully the origin of your pain is revealed soon so it can be dealt with effectively. Stay in touch, we're here for you.
@Ryesgma

Sorry I haven't gotten back with you guys in a while , I've been busy trying to take care of my husband (threw his back out) :elevate: but I did email the surgeon who did my replacement and asked for his opinion on my CT scan and MRI , I have a telephone appointment with him this Friday :thumb: I also will be seeing my primary care doctor on Wednesday , and I still have my second opinion appointment on the 26th . Trying to figure out what is going on and what the next step for me is:yes!:hope all is well with you guys and that everyone is doing well and not struggling with pain . :flwrysmile:

Oh my stars...sorry about your husband's back problem.
Tell him he has to wait his turn until you get this hip thing worked out:giggle:
Sounds like you have several consults and I am hoping someone has some answers.
:fingersx:

Hello Juanita :wave:
I'm so sorry. When it rains it pours. Hope hubby is feeling better.
Wishing you the best for your appt on Wednesday with the PCP and your phone appt with your surgeon on Friday. Please keep us in the loop. We'll be here.
@Ryesgma

@Ryesgma I am catching up with your thread, I am so sorry you are struggling so. Glad to read about the ER visit and subsequent CT scan and MRI. Good luck with your Friday phone appointment. Will be anxious to hear about that AND your upcoming second opinion.
Wishing for you resolution and soon! :prayer:

Had my appointment today with my PCP and it went well:yes!: she's not sure what to say about my tests regarding ongoing hip pain , that was a bummer:shrug: but did tell me that getting 2nd and 3rd opinions is a good thing . And right now I have no other conditions going on that would cause my hip pain yay :yahoo: I was given migraine meds and some more pain meds should I need them . I'm so looking forward to Friday and my phone appointment with my original os . I will update as soon as I get info from him :dancy:

Hi Juanita,
I'm happy for you that they continue to rule things out, but it's not getting to the origin of your pain so it can be resolved. It will be interesting to see how the phone consultation with your OS goes on Friday.
Stay in touch and let us know his thoughts. Until then...take care.
@Ryesgma

@Layla I agree 100% with you , I have my appointment with my urogynecologist tomorrow to rule out all the things re my pelvis:yahoo: . I talked to my original os on Friday and he has no idea at this point what could be going on , he says I have had every test I can have , he did say that I have scarring and that the MRI didn't show everything because of my implant.he is aware of the appointment I have for my second opinion , and thinks it's a good idea to have as many eyes as possible on this :what: I guess I'm just a medical anomaly , I really hope to get an answer soon . I'm not sure if anyone else has an answer or maybe some advice as far as testing etc :yes!:

Hello and Happy Tuesday to you @Ryesgma
Best of luck with your doctor appointment today! I hope you continue to receive good news.
You'll have to let us know what you learn through your (OS) second opinion. Hopefully a fresh set of eyes on the case will prove beneficial. Stay in touch and enjoy the week!

Good evening:flwrysmile: my appointment with my urogynecologist went great!!! He doesn't see anything wrong in my pelvis that would explain my hip pain , he said he will write in his notes for the os that I'm fine as far as my gynecology surgery is concerned. :thumb: so at this point I have ruled everything else out , now on to figuring out what's really going on with my hip .
My os who did my surgery prescribed Meloxicam and my urogynecologist prescribed me some muscle relaxers any idea on which one will work best for this pain I'm having in my replacement:shrug:

Hi @Ryesgma
Well, it's great your docs continue to rule things out. Since you've been cleared by the urogynecologist, I'd be inclined to take the prescription from the OS over the the other. That's just me. You need to do what you feel is right for you. I only hope time will bring you relief so you're able to move forward without pain.
Have a great Thursday!

@Layla thank you for all the encouraging words , I have started taking the Meloxicam prescribed by my os , I'm so looking forward to this Thursday:yes!: I really hope I can get some answers . If not I am prepared to see as many orthopedic surgeons as it takes to finally feel better and be pain free:spin: I really hope you are having a great weekend.

I hope the meds have given you some relief @Ryesgma
Please give us an update after your appointment on Thursday.
I hope that you get some answers too.
:fingersx:

Hi @Ryesgma
Thank you, I did have a nice weekend. I hope you were able to enjoy the weekend also.
I'll be thinking of you on Thursday with the hope you have a productive visit with the OS. I'm glad to hear that you are determined to find the origin of your pain and a solution so you're finally able to move forward.
Stay in touch and let us know what you hear. I hope you have a nice week.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom