THR Juanita's Hip Recovery

Oh gracious... @Ryesgma
I'm glad you were persistant.
I'm so sorry this has been such a struggle.
Not a lot I can do but...Hugs from me....:console2:

@Mojo333 I thought at this point I would be feeling great (no pain) am I wrong ?:shrug: . I don't want to come off like im overreacting , but I seriously need this figured out. :bored:

I'm happy to hear you're being persistent. You're certainly not over reacting. Don't allow yourself to feel like you're bothering them. You're the unsatisfied customer. You have every right to want to get to the origin of your pain so it can be resolved and you're able to move forward as you originally planned. Please keep standing up for yourself. Constant pain and instability is not normal at 4 1/2 months post op. It doesn't mean it had to be something serious, but you need to identify the problem before you can work toward resolution.
Wishing you the best. Please stay in touch.
@Ryesgma

Well I did get a call today from my surgeons nurse and they gave me an appointment for the 28th to see my os:loveshwr: so I guess we will have an answer for my pain(hopefully) is there any tests that are done to find out what's going on besides just a regular x-ray:what: and if there's anyone else that has had this issue I would love to hear from you:thumb:

@Ryesgma So glad you were so persistent. its hard to do but you succeeded.. I don't have an answer to your question and don't recall what others have had in this situation. I seem to recall that others were given a CT scan? I think there's options where it can detect possible issues.
It may be a matter of very weak support muscles, too. Which would need specific exercises, etc.
It will be very interesting to hear what he has to say on the 28th. Good luck!! :fingersx:

Last edited:
Awesome! I'm so glad you were persistent. First steps in figuring this out so you can move forward without pain.
Thankfully you can get in next week. Please let us know how the appointment with your OS goes.
Hang in there...not long now.
@Ryesgma

Glad you are getting to see your surgeon..
I've also seen CT scans referred to often as a diagnostic tool.
I might would take note of specific movements or activities that are particularly distressing as this might help him figure out what could be the potential culprit.
Keep the faith friend.

Ok not sure what to do , my pain is getting unbearable:groan: I'm just sitting here and I can't handle it. If there's any advice on what I can do to make it till next Wednesday I would appreciate it:angel:

Where is it hurting?

@Mojo333 the top of my thigh and in the joint itself , and it hurts when I touch the area where they did the surgery

Do you have any pain relievers left and are you icing it all?
I hate that you are hurting like this and have, what...a week before appointment?
Please try to do all you can to distract yourself with mindless TV and anything else that can get you through one day at a time.
Try not to ferret out what is bothering what as you have tried doing that for weeks now.
Reminds me of the unyielding preop pain...I had to try at least the Mind over Matter Trick.
Not super comforting, my feeble attempts to help...but heartfelt...I can assure you.:console2:

@Mojo333 thank you so much for the advice:loveshwr: I've tried everything to get my mind off the pain and nothing's working , I took the last of my painkillers last night (only had 2 10mg Percocet) and it didn't do anything:censored: so I guess I just need to white knuckle it for a week. I don't want to make my stomach upset over taking too much Tylenol either:boohoo:

I am so sorry you are struggling so, my friend.
At this far out...if icing is not a help..
Try heat.
Maybe not at incision...
At least it may soothe

@Mojo333 I've tried both as well as keeping it elevated when I'm sitting and now it's swelling up:dead: I'm not sure what to do about it , if it gets worse I guess I'm going to the ER tommorow:umm:

I think you should too. Considering you also had your other surgery and some hiccups with it..namely the cellulitis...I think they should check all.
Please let us know what happens and how you are.
:prayer:

Last edited:
Hi @Ryesgma
Please phone your surgeon's office today, if you haven't already.
Tell them of the 24 /7 pain you're suffering is unbearable, you're out of medication, that the top of your thigh and joint area are sensitive to touch and swollen, that it often hurts to bear weight. If they can't see you, is there a Ortho Quick Clinic of any sort that you can visit? Hopefully you can get some attention soon.
Please keep us updated.

Hey guys :wave:just checking in , I haven't gone to the ER yet :what: I've had other appointments to go to , the most important was my counseling session. This whole thing has been very draining and most of all depressing:cry: I will go this weekend if the pain doesn't slow down , I keep hoping I'll wake up and feel better but that hasn't happened yet . I just can't stop myself from thinking that they will think that I'm crazy and that there's nothing wrong with me :censored: I don't think I can handle hearing that this will be my new normal:hairpulling:

Hi @Ryesgma
I don't see how your OS can think you're crazy if your pain is as you described through several posts below
my pain is getting unbearable:groan: I'm just sitting here and I can't handle it

I've tried everything to get my mind off the pain and nothing's working , I took the last of my painkillers last night (only had 2 10mg Percocet) and it didn't do anything

I'm seriously at the end of my rope , it hurts to walk on it sometimes and it's just a constant pain,it's starting to feel unstable at times:boohoo:

I can't imagine they'd tell you to accept this as your new normal, because sadly it's not normal at almost five months post op. If you don't speak with anyone before your appt on Wednesday, I wish you peace and comfort as you wait.

@Layla the only reason I'm skeptical is because the last message I got from my os was that it can take up to a year to fully heal:shrug: so of course this leads me to assume that they will think it's just that . I personally don't think that this kind of pain should be happening , I was not in this kind of pain around the clock after the replacement:sorry: plus the fact that they already did a hip aspiration and they were unable to get any fluid so he said I should be fine (I'm not:blush:)

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
MrsFeinbe
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom