TKR Jtmav‘s Journey To Two New Knees

Thanks, fellow cyclist. I have been able to sleep in the recliner lately. I can drive because it’s my left leg, so no big deal. Like you I’m at 15 mins on the stationary bike. Can‘t wait to get back on my road bike as well, not sure when. I appreciate your kind words.

Hello sir! I’m glad your recovery continues well for you! Your 1 month anniversary comes on Leap Year Day. So I’m scratching my bald old head wondering if you would have missed out on the anniversary had there not been a February 29th? :) Probably not, but it’s still fun to think about.
Keep your eye on the prize sir, you got this!

You’re giving me an ice cream headache! Feb 1 was a Thursday so I just went forward 4 weeks and called it a month. And finally there’s nothing leaping about rehabbing a new knee!
Good to hear from you Jake, hope all is well.

Happy One Month Anniversary!
You're making great progress and I especially enjoy the communications between you and, jakemedic.
Wishing you all the best for your appointment on Monday and will look forward to you sharing the good news.
Take care and have a wonderful weekend!
@Jtmav

Thank you Layla, appreciate your encouragement. Hope you enjoy your weekend as well.
Be well
Jim

My Breg Polar Ice Machine has been my best friend next to my hubby for my whole recovery. I plugged it into an “Internet ready” plug and connected it to my Amazon Alexa system. I can turn it on and off with my voice or tell it to turn off in 40 minutes- whatever. At 4 weeks my swelling is mostly gone, but the ice machine is great when I am sore from too much activity. I’m having my second hip done on March 26 so soon I’ll be a double hippy too. Hope you continue to do well.

PT said that should be fine and not married to a number but more interested in function.
Yes, yes, yes! I love this. Everyone's measuring method is different and will come up with different numbers. Swelling can also make this numbers change and your function, too, but function is the best way to measure your recovery.

One month check up visit with the Nurse practitioner at my surgeons office this morning. X-rays and hip alignment measurement were done and all looked good Progress seems to be in good shape, wound looked good and my ROM was good. Still scheduled for second replacement on April 25 and she thought I would be fine with 2 more months of rehab to be ready. Grateful for the way things are going. Enjoy the week!

One month check up visit with the Nurse practitioner at my surgeons office this morning. X-rays and hip alignment measurement were done and all looked good Progress seems to be in good shape, wound looked good and my ROM was good. Still scheduled for second replacement on April 25 and she thought I would be fine with 2 more months of rehab to be ready. Grateful for the way things are going. Enjoy the week!
Excellent news sir! I hope your recovery continues on track for you!

Great news! You'll be sooo happy to have both knees done and recovered!

Last edited:
Not to be the skunk at the picnic but I’m having both knees done not hips. Appreciate your thoughts just the same!

All good news today! We're with you all the way.
May your next recovery be just as good as your first...or even better. :yes:
Thanks for sharing your journey with us!
@Jtmav

Short update, 5 weeks today since surgery. I would say the single biggest obstacle is patience. My knee is pretty stiff and while I am doing a fair amount of stretching and walking, some stationary cycling as well, I am seeing very little progress. Now you all have taught me that this is a long term recovery exercise but I am dealing with bouts of self pity, not proud to admit that but it’s the truth. I have PT later today and I’m not looking forward to it. So I need a check up from the neck up so to speak and I am feeling better this morning, just sharing this is helpful. I am not proud of it and some wise person told me it’s tough to feel sorry for yourself if you are grateful. That’s my goal today. Thanks for listening, enjoy the day.

Last edited:
This is a rollercoaster recovery, and it's not only for the knee, it is also for the emotions. I found that looking back on what I was like before my surgery, and shortly thereafter, really helped me emotionally. Those little teeny improvements mean so much!

I totally agree! That is why I candidly documented my recovery here. I’m bound to have horrible days and I can reread my posts to remind myself how far along in my journey I have gotten.

@Jtmav, I encourage you to review your earlier posts and see just how amazing of a recovery you have had thus far! Patience is tough, so is self pity. But I’m here to tell you sir, you are tougher and stronger than either of those! You got this my friend! Keep your eye on the prize!

Jake

Sharing is good because you'll find lots of support and encouragement here. Self pity happens, it's normal. After all, none of us want to lose our natural joint, put our leg through trauma and endure the pain of healing. NO FUN!
I do have to tell you that both you and jakemedic are two of the nicest guys that have ever shared their healing journeys here, so thank you! I think you need a visit from this little stud, he'll cheer you up.
1709851111067.png

And...keep this little scribble in mind. May tomorrow be a better day! :SUNsmile:
rps20171117_054543-jpg.71434

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Raithtaxi
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom