Journey started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Jacky, thank you Mimi, Elisea, Sheryl and everyone! I don't even care that I'm not ready for Monday, being two weeks behind now. I'm just going to take my toothbrush and pillow and walk out the door. I'll figure the rest out later! Although in truth, I got a lot done today!

Cute Janet! You probably packed like a wild woman!:th_heehee: Ata a super woman! You are an asset to all woman kind!:thumb:

Hi Janet,
That will work. I'm sure that your hubby will bring you anything else that you need. Have relaxing and special Sunday! I'll be thinking about you on Monday and will be waiting for your first post.
Jacky,
How are you doing?

Today was more putting the house in order. Had to rearange a couple of rooms to accomodate the new power chair. Plus getting the bedroom more squared away. I did pick a spot to start collecting things to pack. They gave me two ice bags (low tech) at the pre op visit, and told me to mark the bags (not just the caps) with Left and Right. Why? Because if there is any infection in one incision, it won't cross contaminate the other. I never would have thought of that. I will have to mark the cryo cuffs as well. I think I'll wait until rehab to tell hybby what I need in the way of shower chair and toilet riser. Didn't get around to getting those this last couple of weeks.

I went back six pages and read through all my posts of the last couple of weeks. Put it to bed. Moving on. Cookie Monster and Elmo are in a box waiting for me!

Hi Janet,
We bought two power recliners tonight. We aways do everything together. :hysterical: Looking forward to the delivery.
My coworker had her hip replaced in November. She said that she just ordered everything (toilet riser, huge ice pads that she said she still can't live without, a shower transfer bench, walker.......from the hospital PT and her husband took them home that day. Maybe you, too, will be able to shop right from your hospital bed. If only they sold shoes at the bedside! :th_heehee:

Nyland, I hope you both like your chairs. You can have power lift races! :th_heehee: I figured I'd know more what is available and what I need if I wait, especially since I am not coming straight home from the hospital. But I know where to tell my husband to go - to get the seats!

Janet - that is SUCH good news, the best :yes 4:
What an awful week you have had. It can only be downhill from now, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow & saying a little prayer for you. God bless x

Janet - that is SUCH good news, the best :yes 4:
What an awful week you have had. It can only be downhill from now, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow & saying a little prayer for you. God bless x

Thanks so much! I just hope i remember to get the stitches out!:rolleyespink:

Hey Janet,

Good luck tomorrow! How great that your big day is finally arriving! :yay:

Looking forward to seeing your posts on the other side!

And good wishes from another dog person. Great good luck to you Janet. Your good attitude will assure that all goes well adn soon this whole stressful time will be behind you.

Hi Janet!
I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I wish a a very uneventful surgery and an easy recovery. I will look for your first post on the other side.

Janet, you will be on my mind tomorrow and I'm wishing you the best out come!:thumb: for your surgery and recovery!:friends:

Janet, you will be on my mind tomorrow and I'm wishing you the best out come!:thumb: for your surgery and recovery!:friends:

Thanks Jacky, glad to see a post from you tonight. I've already started my post op thread (so I won't have to do it drugged! ). See you then!:friends:

Wishing you the best Janet. You will be just fine. Can't wait to hear from you on the other side. Take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties