Journey started

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom had a biopsy yesterday. The lump was grape size.
her incision is about 3 inches long. The stitches will dissolve Hers is toward the center of her chest. She has had no pain. We are just a waiting game until Friday. The procedure took about 45 minutes from the time they took her.
Hopefully yours will be as smooth. Wishing you the best!

Vicki, I'm glad to here she did well and hope you get good results, for both your sakes. I don't have a lump, it's an architechtural abnomality. Since there is no lump to feel, they have to insert a guide wire by xray first, which the surgeon will follow to the spot. Tricky! I expect all this fuss will be for nothing, but it can't be ignored. I just hope no one misses the spot!

Good luck Vicki, hope there is good news! And good luck with your procedure Janet! You're both in my thoughts!

Hi everyone! I feel like today was somewhat of a rehersal for Monday, except I was actually able to walk to the bathroom on my own. Pre op, two procedures and post op took 9 hours! I did fine, won't know more until Monday of course. I was there for a long time after surgery because I was nauseous and they were trying to control it. After napping a couple hours at home, I felt human again. So lessons learned during my rehearsal today - I will get up and have black coffee at least four hours prior to surgery. ( easy since surgery isn't until 12:30.) I got a heck of a headache. And, I won't just keep telling them I get nauseous, I'll tell them to bring out the heavy guns up front. They also found alternatives to Lidocaine.

My incision doesn't hurt at all right now, but my hip, where they gave me an injection for the nausea, hurts like the dickens. I am on extra strength tylenol, and have tylenol 3 in reserve. I'm looking forward to an uneventful weekend!

I'm thinking of those that had surgery today and those that will go tomorrow (as well as those earlier this week that we have not heard from.) my best is with you all!

Janet, glad this part is behind you. Sorry to hear about the tummy stuff, I can really relate to that one. Hope they get it right next time. Take this time to rest and take it easy. Try not to stress out till you get the results. You have been through a lot already. Take Care:friends:

Wow! You sure did have quite a rehearsal :console: I so wish you the best for Monday, Janet! If anyone deserves something to go right, you do! So for now I'll say, I'll see you on the other my friend!:friends:

Hi Janet!
I'm glad that today is behind you and don't have any pain. Jacky is right, you certainly deserve a break. :friends:

Hey Janet,

Glad to hear you got through it today. Hope you're resting and comfortable. Just a word about the coffee on Monday, are you sure that 4 hours before is enough? I have to be fasting, including no water, for 8 hours before.

Did they put you to sleep for the procedure? Is that what made you sick? Happy to hear you are home. We find out tomorrow at 10 about my mom. I am on pins and needles, will be happy to find out. I can only imagine how you feel, playing the waiting game.
Hope you can relax over the weekend. Wishing you the best:)

Hey Janet,

Glad to hear you got through it today. Hope you're resting and comfortable. Just a word about the coffee on Monday, are you sure that 4 hours before is enough? I have to be fasting, including no water, for 8 hours before.
I have to fast after midnight other than up to 16 oz. of clear liquids at least 4 hours ahead, including black coffe or tea, carbonated beverages, some juices, etc. I'm sure it's 4 hours. It was the same for yesterdays surgery at a different hospital. But everyone has their own protocols.

Did they put you to sleep for the procedure? Is that what made you sick? Happy to hear you are home. We find out tomorrow at 10 about my mom. I am on pins and needles, will be happy to find out. I can only imagine how you feel, playing the waiting game.
Hope you can relax over the weekend. Wishing you the best:)

I was sedated because the procedure was too deep to be able to numb it completely with the local. They also gave me dilauded(sp?) for pain I was having, and it could have also been from that, although they gave me the smallest possible dose. I easily get motion sickness and they say that makes me more likely to have problems.

Janet, while you're in pre-op you could ask your surgeon about a nausea patch. I'm sure you'll let him know about your problem with nausea. I did too.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers through the next few days to the other side -- about everything. Hope that you have a more relaxing weekend. :flowerysmile::friends::coffee:

Good idea Becky. I'll definatly be asking foe something stronger proactively. Thanks.

I have to fast after midnight other than up to 16 oz. of clear liquids at least 4 hours ahead, including black coffe or tea, carbonated beverages, some juices, etc. I'm sure it's 4 hours. It was the same for yesterdays surgery at a different hospital. But everyone has their own protocols.

Interesting. That is great that you can have that coffee. :ccheers: Heh heh, sorry, there wasn't a coffee emoticon. :th_heehee:

I wonder why they are so strict in Israel about this? :skeptical:

Good Luck Janet! I hope you get your knees , yopu have waited patiently. I was told not to have anything after midnight but when I got to the ward at 07.30 and op wasn't till noon , they gave me tea and toast!

BENIGN!!! There are dear, dear, people behind the walls of big buildings! They did my pathology first thing this morning! What an unexpected gift to have this weekend now to just prepare for knee surgery. I think this was a cosmic plot to keep me from complaining too much during recovery and rehab. You all can remind me of that anytime I get too whiney, at least it's not cancer AND bad knees! Thank you all for your good wishes and prayers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie