Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are so encouraging!! I know it was a beautiful ride :bicycle1:

Knee thoughts lately. The last few weeks I've noticed what seems to be an increase in a tight/burning sensation over the surface of my right knee. It doesn't interfere with my ability to get enough flex in my knee, but feels tighter over the surface when bent, and then upon straightening, as in standing up, I get a burning type of sensation. I don't know if this is scar tissue related (at two years) or nerve related, as I have a lot of numbness around that knee. My incision scar is off center toward the inside which is not where I'm feeling this. I have not seen yet, but have found someone that does scar tissue release therapy (massage). I'm thinking about seeing what she feels is going on in there. I assume it can't hurt, although I wouldn't want some loose bit getting into the joint. I don't know if that is even possible! Anyway, I may not follow up on this until after our vacation in August, but this is what I'm thinking about.

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

Interesting description of the new sensations. Sounds like a good plan of action Janet - seeing someone who specializes in scar tissue release. It is my understanding that scar tissue doesn't necessarily build directly where the actual scar is. Have a wonderful vacation - big plans?? I know that will not keep you from enjoying your vaykay!

Our annual family vacation at a rental house in Saugatuck, on Lake Michigan. 17 days! Sand, water, boats, ice cream, shops, galleries, salty seed bread, blueberries, pie, dune ride, chain ferry, paddle boat... Can't wait!

Wait a minute, I'll pack my bags!! lol Enjoy - sounds idyllic!

Sounds great, have a wonderful vacation.
I will be at Lake Tahoe this summer for a week for our annual family vacation, may we both have a great time.

I'm hoping to have a vacation of some sort next year with a good knee. :)

Good knees make all the difference. The year before my surgery, same vacation, I could not walk on the sand, walk around town, walk to do anything without pain. It was that vacation that was the last straw and that I decided to have surgery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member