Revision TKR Jolease's knee saga part 3<^

I had my ankle replacement in 2011 and it still bothers me more when I'm not active instead of when I am.

Hey all... so I’ve had a camping friend that I reached out to after her replacement 4 weeks ago... we all know how lonely this recovery is.. and yes I told her about bonesmart... anyways she was 4 weeks post and passed away up where we camp... I’m so sad and can’t help but feel it could of been prevented. She was a bigger lady and the c.o.d is blood clot :(. I just hugged her last weekend as we just set our trailer up.. her and I bonded from our knees... She was rocking her recovery! Unlike myself, she seemed to have smooth sails... p.s my knee is still rubbish :(

I'm so sorry about your knee recovery friend. Although that sort of things can happen, it is very rare.

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry. That has to be a huge shock to you.

@Jolease , dear Lord, that's just awful :cry: Brings a year to my eye to read about your friend! To have gone through all that the surgery entails and suffer a blood clot after a month and pass away...gosh, I just can't fathom that. I am so sorry!
I am also praying your recovery improves. This is definitely a long and often frustrating road. Big hug for you!

So the saga continues... my knee now crackles at the side where I’m having the pain. It’s also happening much quicker than it was. I’m just sick over this, I can’t walk more than a few minutes and then it gets that awful pain. I made a surgeon appointment for next week but I’m not sure I will get any answers out of him. I had been going to acupuncture and deep tissue massage, but I’m backing off those to see if it will calm back down. I just can’t believe all this pain can be caused from a tight IT band, inflammation. I just pray it will subside it’s been 9 weeks now with no relief... :banghead: one of these posts I’m determined to have something positive to say.

How’re you going?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it’s any consolation, I’m in month FIVE and am only now seeing light. It really does seem to be a game of patience. So often I’ve said I’m going back to the OS because something has to be wrong, but then it’s come slightly right. Will keep in touch... there’s a long road ahead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Today marks 5 months of this 3rd surgery recovery... let’s see I believe my knee after it’s fully healed will be ok. I have lots of surrounding issues that make it painful and frustrating. The IT band is still tight, got a tight sharp pain I think is my hamstring at the back of knee.I’m working with a physio who is trying to help me strengthen my glutes and quads, hamstrings. I sure hope that helps my leg to feel like it belongs on my body. I never have a day that I don’t think of my knee/leg. Goal is the one year mark to walk for a hour. My 50th is in a month and I wanted to be much stronger by now. On a positive note we have a Europe cruise booked in October. Lil nervous about the 10 hr flight and stuff but I’m
Not letting my knee dictate my life just modify things a bit. For all of you that have not the greatest out comes, we need to keep plugging away and hope it turns around sooner than later. My knee still gets warm so I’m hoping it’s still healing. Thanks to everyone that has been so supportive to me. You have no idea how much this site has helped me out.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back