BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Knee Replacement & Hip Replacement
Patient Advocacy & Online Community
  1. ATTENTION: Download the new BoneSmart® app today! This FREE app is available for iOS or android phones and tablets and will allow you to connect to the forum on all of your devices. The old Tapatalk app will be discontinued February 1, 2018 so get the new app now.

Get The app HERE

Dismiss Notice

Joint Replacement Awareness Day (JRAD)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Josephine, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Josephine

Josephine FORUM ADMIN, DIRECTOR Administrator

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This is what is contained in JRAD. It's an online seminar available globally.

The 4-6 hour conference will be broadcast from a studio in San Diego, California on April 14th. It will be timed to allow maximum participation from people around the world, but for US attendees it should roughly be in the morning hours for all time zones.

There will be a series of presentations (usually 10-15 minutes each) by experienced orthopedic surgeons on a wide variety of pre and post op topics. Since you've been on BoneSmart a while, some of the surgery preparation topics may be familiar to you already, but I encourage you to tune into them as you may learn some little tidbits you didn't know.

We plan topics such as:
    What happens during surgery?
    How can technology help with joint replacement?
    Customized joint replacements
    A robot is doing my surgery?
    Minimizing the risk of infection
    Importance of physical therapy and nutrition
    What happens after I leave the hospital
    What is normal pain after surgery?​

There are also 3 separate panel discussions planned where surgeons, nurses and patients will give their perspectives to questions and topics, some of which have been submitted by people when they registered.

Because we are still working on the program content, this list is not final nor is it all-inclusive. We expect to make some changes. But we expect to have approximately 20 different topics covered during the presentations.

On the day of the conference, you will be given instructions to log in to the conference, so that part of the process should be easy.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Once we get the program finalized, that information will be available on the JRAD website.