Joint Effusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JudyS

alpha
Country
United States United States
After readin the synovectomy thread i have a question along with a sick feeling in my tuummy. Not butterflies, maybe just the flies!!
My MRI of my hips (the origianl) stated NO DJD but joint effusions in both hips. Now that my non operated one has given me some trouble and I have been reading about RA I am wondering if I am heading to replacing another body part.
If I step a certain way it hurts, it does get sore and or achey a lot. Nothing extreme. My range of motion used to be so much better in my left (non operated) now with my new right hip, the range is limited and painful if I try to get it anywhere near the right.
What do you think Jo???????
Judy

Same answer as in the other thread, Judy, sorry. Seems like you're heading that way.

Hey Judy! I have no technical knowledge of course! You must be overcompensating for you "good side!",,,,,weaker muscles? I know you've been a lot & are a real trooper! What does your pt & os say?

I have not asked my pt abaout it. I will if I remember to this week. He will be evaluating my scoped knee on thursday.
The last time I saw my knee/hip surgeon I was pretty darn whinney about everything else. I did tell him that both hips hurt. I know he was just waiting for things to settle from the back surgery. he did tell me that the last time he had seen me I was near death, so we are just focusing on the right knee for now.
I know I have read that if there is a joint effusion something is wrong. It is not bothering me enough to do anything yet and my body certainly can not handle more surgery, or my mind, I was just wondering if I was definatly heading to replacing the left side. Hows that for a run on sentance?
Judy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics