• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Jetlag's amazing DAA recovery

Josephine

NURSE DIRECTOR
Nurse Director
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
jetlag1.jpg

Nov 17, 2011
Jetlag is now on the Post Op side
Jetlag is back home and pretty excited, especially since it is the same day as the surgery. As other’s have said, when I woke up from surgery, the bone-on-bone pain was gone.

After I use the cane for a bit on each small walking excursion, the PT therapist said I can go without the cane as long as I feel comfortable, and emphasize a smooth gait (no or minimal limping). So my wife got a few videos of me walking - she noticed I stand much more upright than I have been the last year.

Walking w/out a cane, 5 hours after surgery

This minimally invasive THR technique is great. My wife took this video of me walking without using the cane for support, just a few hours after I woke up.

Here's another video of early walking, this time a front view.

And one more of first flight of stairs.

New hip week 6

Surgeon

I don't know about the advertising regulations, but the surgeon I had does have a website showing about this procedure. If you want to see it, open this webpage, then click on the ABCNews video w/ Peter Jennings about half way down the page on the right hand side.

http://www.outpatienthipandknee.com/

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
LIFELADY
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom