TKR JennyLynne’s Next Chapter

(sort of wish I could cancel it all and just watch Hamilton all weekend!!)
If it’s at your house, excuse yourself and spend some time quietly inside. If it’s at someone else’s house, reconsider going. There will be other times to get together with people. I would hope they will understand your current situation. :console2:

That sounds like a very good idea. I hope you are able to enjoy your time there.

@SpaceGirl it’s about the same. It covers more area- mid thigh to a little below my knee. The areas that first popped up are better but the newer spots are itchy!!

The nurse called yesterday and asked for another picture. I got it to them around 4pm and didn’t hear back. I’ll follow up this morning.

We are expecting scorching hot weather this weekend. I have holiday plans that are outside and I’m sure this rash won’t like it. I had planned to be IN THE POOL, but clearly that isn’t happening!

(sort of wish I could cancel it all and just watch Hamilton all weekend!!)

I am so sorry to hear you are going through this. Being itchy can drive a person insane!
Has the doctor or nurse told you to mark rash to see if it has grown?
Is Physical Therapy using a cream or gel in the massage?:chinstroke:

I am always dry in the surgical site for6-8 weeks after surgery. Especially if they had it pressure bandaged for a few Days after surgery.

Good luck on getting to the bottom is this:yes:

@Cakes2114 my PT was using a cocoa butter cream and then wiping it off with a rough towel. I don’t know if that’s what started it... I think it’s odd that it would impact a larger area, but who knows??? I know one thing... never google rashes!!! That was a mistake, lol!

@Cakes2114 my PT was using a cocoa butter cream and then wiping it off with a rough towel. I don’t know if that’s what started it... I think it’s odd that it would impact a larger area, but who knows??? I know one thing... never google rashes!!! That was a mistake, lol!

I have a high skin sensitivity to basically the universe so I totally understand.
When I was pregnant with my last to I actually had to stop the cocoa butter cream because I broke out into hives and eczema on my stomach.

could it be with is inside the massage cream?

@Cakes2114 it might be? The last time she used it was last Wednesday and the rash came out on Friday. Haven’t come into contact with it since. I have been using a sensitive skin scar cream because it’s the only thing that soothes the itch. If I’m making it worse, then I’m a idiot!!!

@Cakes2114 it might be? The last time she used it was last Wednesday and the rash came out on Friday. Haven’t come into contact with it since. I have been using a sensitive skin scar cream because it’s the only thing that soothes the itch. If I’m making it worse, then I’m a idiot!!!

That was me when I was pregnant thinking I was saving the world with a natural cocoa butter to help stretch marks. I was actually very allergic to it and had a terrible reaction.
maybe see if there is something else she can use to do the massage.

While I haven’t gotten a call back from doctor, I did just get an automated text from CVS that he called in a scrip for Topicort, a steroid cream for skin irritations. I assume I’ll get a call soon from his office, but at least I see some action!

Oh hey... me again, update #2: just talked to PA. He still thinks that it is a reaction to hibicleans and other items used in surgery, and it is not uncommon to see it flare up this late. He thinks the solutions make the skin very dry and sensitive, and said even the nerves coming back can add to sensitivity (ie, it may not just be the skin that is bothering me- I am having nerve tingles too).

he believes that using the topical steroid plus a lotion like cetaphil will give it soothing and a barrier and it should resolve.

he was very patient and emphasized many times that he didnt see anything that worries him; no indication of infection or anything other than irritated skin.

I feel better. Emotionally. Still itchy, lol!

Hi JennyLynne
Good to hear! I’m glad speaking with the PA offered you some emotional relief.
Now...hopefully whatever was prescribed brings you physical relief. Maybe icing the rash at the get-together on the 4th will help both the itch and keep you cool if you’re outdoors. Going to be a hot muggy scorcher here too. Yucky! Makes for a bad hair day, lol.
Hope you enjoy!
@JennyLynne

I’m so relieved for you, @JennyLynne! I hope the itchies (new word!) go away soon. I think that steroid cream will do the trick. Happy holiday weekend!

Well, there's some possibly good news as I catch up with your thread @JennyLynne !
I hate itchies... I get a lot of them and hate them.. so sorry you are still struggling with it. But great news that you were able to speak to your OS and get some reassurance.

Spin with worry,, I like that phrase..

I hope you can relax a bit and enjoy your holiday weekend-- I am jealous that you've had your hair appointment already! I am still waiting..:sigh::umm:

Hope the steroid works for you! Its so easy for skin to break out. Hope you enjoy your holiday weekend!!

So pleased to hear your OS and PA paid attention and have got you on a program that will likely help resolve the itchies and give you more peace of mind. Jealous of your root job!! :hairpulling: lol!

Happy Sunday.... glad to report that my rash is much better! It still looks bad but the itching has stopped and it’s not as angry looking. PA said it would take 7-10 days to clear, so I guess I have to be patient again!

Ended up enjoying our holiday. While it was super hot, there was a nice breeze, and the shade was plenty comfy. I was jealous of everyone able to get in the pool, but hopefully I can join them soon!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mexicaliaguilas
Recent bookmarks