TKR JennyLynne’s Next Chapter

:wave:Hey @JennyLynne
Great update on Friday! You’re doing well. I’m sorry for you reading about the pool.
Such a bummer when you were looking forward to it for multiple reasons. Hopefully it’s lifted soon. I want to wake up one day and realize all of this Covid mess was only a bad dream. Between the Covid craziness and the current civil unrest too close to home I’m ready for an escape. :yes:

I hope you have a good week. Three weeks already on Tuesday...yay! :happydance:

@Layla thanks!! Too bad we couldn’t get a seat on the SpaceX rocket and leave earth until things get better!

Michigan governor just lifted our stay at home order and said pools can open. Seems trivial in light of everything going on right now, but it brings me great relief that my son can have some semblance of a summer and I can enjoy some aqua therapy. Parenting in this state of crisis is heartbreaking, so I will take any wins we can get.

Yay! I wish our pools would open. I usually go swimming at the Y and it's still closed. Swimming is such a good workout. I need to get this winter fat off of me and swimming will help!

There's no need for me to even go there. I have many, many pounds that need to come off of me! As your knee improves you'll find it easier to get those pounds off!

@sistersinhim I am counting on it! After each of my last surgeries, when I started to feel good and work out... the next joint would start barking. Well, I showed them this time! Lol
I've always said pain is like a class of unruly students. You only hear the loudest one, until you get him or her quiet. Then you hear the next loudest! :)

Happy three weeks to me! This is my magic milestone and it has not disappointed... today, my quad said “good morning!” and I was able to lift it onto the bed with no aid! This also means I can maybe move back to my preferred side of the bed, since I don’t need my “good” leg for stability as much.

I had my post-op appt. It was an office visit - turned televisit - turned phone call. And the call was enough. I didn’t have any problems to address, and he was happy with my report. Since we’ve been through this dance before, a phone call was just fine. he asked to “see” me again in 6 weeks.

I am going to start working from home next week. I’m ready for some engagement, since I can work from my laptop while perched on my bed. Just won’t use my camera for calls just yet- I’m not ready for that level of engagement! Lol!

Just won’t use my camera for calls just yet- I’m not ready for that level of engagement! Lol!
Isn't technology great? Turn off the video and don't worry about what you are wearing or a bad hair day!

Early days for returning to work even if you are WFH. Please make time for rest and recovery.

Thanks @Jaycey - I am expecting to be able to ramp up to what I feel up to, as I go. That includes breaks and naps as needed!

So interesting to read your post-op story. It brings back memories of my first TKA on my left knee which will be 16 years in July. My right TKA is on Aug 3 with a 1-2 overnight stay. I do remember the pain meds making me somewhat crazy , but very necessary to stay on top of the pain! And the zingers - don’t remember them being called that, but definitely remember that numbness & a jolt! The jolts went away sooner than the numbness for me.
Good luck with your continued recuperation!!

Yay, happy 3 weeks into recovery! It's going by so fast! You will be back to 100% in no time. :) Glad to hear you're doing well and you so make me laugh about the no video calls LOL Keep working and resting!

Oh my goodness! @JennyLynne here you are on the knee side! how did I miss this,, you sound as if things are going well. that is such good news, you have been through a lot the past several years.. hopefully soon you will be outside having a good old time with your family. I just read your thread and enjoyed your posts very much, continued success with your new knee. :yay:

Love your sense of humor.. handy to have in times like this. So glad you are doing well. :) :-) (:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back