TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

Wow, shopping alone is a huge milestone! Your new knee is definitely telling you it's up for the work of your next surgery!

Jennifer, I have been out of the loop a lot the last couple of weeks and just got caught up on your thread. You have been very busy, looks like everyone had a great time. I am impressed with how well you are doing.

I am not doing my next knee until August 8, but I am already finding myself thinking "I don't want to ". I can totally understand how you feel right now. The only thing to do is remember that a few months from now you will have 2 strong knees that can take you where you want to go. You got this!

Jenn, it sounds like you had a great trip! Hopefully the memories will help in those first few weeks. Everyone who gets the staged or bilateral are my heros! I'm still putting off my left!

Anyone who had staged surgeries feel compelled to tell the Os not to mess with the first knee? I don't know why this stresses me, but I can just seem him cranking the other knee since I'm knocked out anyway. Maybe bc they were threatening me with MUA at 12 freaking days. He seems...overly enthusiastic. Am I paranoid to bring it up that I don't want my left knee touched at all? I have a fine bend, but any forcing would probably still cause some trauma.

I believe they'd have you sign off on it pre-op. Too much could go wrong if they did an MUA without permission and unexpected something happened. Everyone in the OR would know andnit would be in the surgery notes.

I too was dreading going through it all again Just as I was beginning to get around fairly well, but I had to just not think about it and just do it! I don't think it ever gets easy especially when you know what is ahead but keep positive and know you are a strong woman with a great support system!

Oh gosh, I never thought about that - them messing with the other knee while you're out but I agree with Karri, they would need you to sign off on something like that. Glad you had a good trip and unfortunately, I'm glad your old knee gave you some reminders as to why you're doing what your doing this week. As others have said, my TKR is achy, stiff, and swollen but my right knee hurts (especially when I've been on it for some time)

Your surgeon has to have your informed, signed consent before doing anything like an MUA on your first knee, Jenn. Tell him not to do anything with your left knee. If you're still concerned, write that on the consent document.
He's not allowed to crank on your knee just because it's there.

One more last hurrah before surgery #2: Braves game. It was Autism Awareness Day at the park. Ben got randomly chosen to say Play Ball. He was so nervous, I told him I'd hold his hand and then they wouldn't let me on the field with him! Eek. He did great. We made friends in the club level seats we were in (the hubs and girls were in a different section) and they introduced us to Evander Holyfield. Crazy fun day.

Glad I waited this long to check out the park, a lot of walking. I've been dozing in the recliner since we got home. This was a belated Father's Day for my husband. A good time!

IMG_4014.JPG

Wow!!! What an awesome day!! You are packing in some great fun before the next surgery.
You must be beaming from your son's performance! [emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

that's fantastic ~ what a memorable experience for you and your son. thanks for sharing those pics.

What a great day. You must be so proud of your son.

I hope you have a video of today at the Field! What an honor for the both of you! Wonderful for all of you!

What a great experience for you and your son! That is beyond cool!

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

Finally read your whole thread @Jennszoo ! Superwoman! Amazing. And so glad my three are so very much older...Wishing you the best with your second knee - meet up with you again after my bilat on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Glad you had such a good day! I should know this cause I'm so close to Atlanta but I don't, are they in their new park yet? Before surgery I worked down there a lot and kept up with what was going on. I haven't worked since March and I can say I will dread that Atlanta traffic when I go back to work!

Enjoy your days! Before too long you will be back enjoying them again!

Yes, the new stadium opened up this season. It's been killing my husband not to go but I promised him a trip in June. I'm glad it worked out. We live in Woodstock, so it was amazingly convenient to get there and home. I can see us going yo way more games than we did when it was down town.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom