Jeep's recovery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepskinc

I'm one day post op at doing well. Had my surgery yesterday morning at 7:30. 2.5 hours for both hips. Apparently I was quite the "bleeder" during the procedure so they kept me off my feet all day yesterday. Last night was long. Not to much pain, just really restless. I had been using a morphine pca. That is gone now so its onto oral pain meds now. Got a bath today and two PT sessions. Amazing how the PT tired me out. I'll be in the NC Specialty Hospital until Friday and then across the streat for a week at Durham Rehab Institute.

Whats the good word from Tracie?

Re: September Club

Wow Jeep, a double! That's awesome.
I'll be watching your recovery, as I get set for mine in a few days.
This is so cool to have so many folks to chat with & journey together in recovery.
Keep up the good work, & hit that PT as hard as your body lets you.:thmb:

Jeep, glad to her from you so soon. And delighted you're doing so well.

I moved these posts into the Recovery forum, ok?

Great news, Jeep! So glad you are now on the other side. Recovery, here we come!!!

As one fellow "Jeeper" to another, Congratuations, the scarey part is over. Now its time to litterally put one foot in front of the other until you can hop back up in that Jeep with no effort whatsoever. It took me about 8 weeks before I tried mine all alone, but its lifted about 4 inches and sitting on 33's.

When you are ready, give me a shout and we'll run some trails together. I'm not that far north of you.

Got a picture of your baby? Here's mine.

awmrogers.smugmug.com_photos_145330011_L.jpg

Hi All. Tomorrow will mark one week with my new hips. And I got some great news from the program manager here at the Durham Rehab Institute. Tomorrow will also be my Independence day!! That is their way of marking the day before your release from the facility. I'm heading home on Wednesday!!!! I've been doing great at PT and OT. The staff can not believe I had BTHR less then a week ago. Credit goes to my OS but also to really getting physically prepared before the procedure. My number one recomendation to those with upcoming procedures, KEEP MOVING!!!. Exercise as much as you can to get ready. Strong upper body and abs makes things so much easier. And the better shape your legs can be in the more quickly you will be able to work the PT and recover.

Hey Mudpro, nice Rubi. I don't have any pics of my 97 TJ to post here at DRI but will put something up when I get home on Wednesday. Woo hoo! I am so ready to get back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JasminDickson
Recent bookmarks
Back