• REGISTER for Joint Replacement Awareness Day on May 9th, 2020!

Surgeons, patients, and other medical professionals will talk about topics you've told are important to you. You can ask questions LIVE of the participants. Please "like" and "share" our JRAD notice on your Facebook page too!

Register and learn more in this announcement:

Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

TKR Jean Houston - RTKR - Pain after 16 months

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
United States United States
It would appear to be a fairly significant misalignment of the patella to me as well. I could see how you might have pain from it. Is this where your pain is? If not or if there are other areas, could you please indicate them on this chart? And also, can I clarify that you've had this same pain since your surgery in July 2018?

1579486161465.png

OP
OP
J

Jean houston

Country
RF1andRF2
C and D small portions of E
Had back surgery because they thought it was my back , ok now had nerves put to sleep, never helped much. Also have to use brace when I’m not taped. If all else fails the dr is talking about lateral release about 8 months down the road. I’m not sure what to do. This is my new doctor the doctor that did the operation said it just takes time after one year and his reason for my pain I said goodbye to him. Don’t know much about lateral release.

Pumpkln

Country
Jean houston
Here is some information about a Lateral release in a knee .
A PT could help you with strengthening the muscles that would help pull your kneecap to the inside, and away from where it appears to be irritating you.
You should be able to do the exercises at home after a few visits.

OP
OP
J

Jean houston

Country
Pumpkin
Thank you for that helpful information Pumpkin. I have had some PT hope to get more, my muscles got so weak. I had a major health issue after knee operation that set me back some. But I am going to try and continue full speed ahead on PT. Hope you are doing well.

OP
OP
J

Jean houston

Country
Jamie
Jamie thank you for your information. Hope you are doing well.

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
@Jean houston
From your description of CRF1 and CRF2 and DRF1 and DRF2, it sounds like your misalignment is what is causing your pain. Pumpkln gave your some great advice, so I hope you can get some positive results from the therapy. Please let us know how things go.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
thienthuy21403
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom