THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there @beachgal
Happy to hear hubby has been released from PT and is doing well. Sorry to hear about your abscesses, though. And, I so get the comparison to pulling fingernails out!:yikes: Dentists' offices are my least favorite places to go. Hopefully, you will be good as new, very soon.

Coming up on 18 months since my THR and I'm here to tell you, it's been a simply life-changing surgery! I realized yesterday afternoon that I had been squatting while working in our vault at the office for about 30 minutes and was a bit sore this morning when I got up but a walk to the coffee pot cured everything!

We're starting to get busy with clients as they prepare for tax season and I know it will be a hectic time but I'm not dealing with any pain from my hip so I'm ready! I only wish that everyone's outcome could be as stellar as mine. I could be hit by a car leaving work today, but in this moment, for right now, I'm so happy and healthy! Grateful!

I know exactly what you are saying @beachgal. It is so wonderful that you have reached the point when you don't even think about your actions, or positions, and how they might effect your hip. I am so pleased to hear you are living your life the way it was intended for you. And, I saw your itinerary on Cricket's thread. All I can say is :wowspring:! You will be quite the traveler this year. Enjoy every moment. I hope this coming tax season isn't too stressful for you.
:ok:

It's been a few days since I've had time to check in. Our new tax software is stretching us, mentally, but we're up for the challenge. I had forgotten how difficult learning a new "system" could be! Seems we are sorting it out daily but no real issues yet!

My hip and hubby's shoulder seem to be doing great! The weather here is sunny but cool, a perfect February Saturday. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Back atcha @beachgal! Glad to hear you both are doing well, except for the learning curve on the new software, and are enjoying the beautiful weather.
:flwrysmile:

You'll never believe this one....our beloved friend and dog sitter fell yesterday and broke her hip. She's just come out of surgery and I'm spending the night in the hospital with her tonight. If you ever think that your life experiences are all for naught, you're not looking hard enough for a way to pay it forward. So blessed that she watched my recovery although hers will be different in that the OS repaired her break in the upper femur with no replacement. So @Jaycey or @Josephine, should she still use the ice protocol for pain??

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. But, with you by her side, giving her support and the wisdom of your experiences, she is in great hands. Please pass on my good wishes for a speedy recovery.

Lord. Over a month since I've posted but what a month! Friend's hip recovery has been miserable. Nonexistent. She is finally starting to walk from bed to bathroom in rehab facility. Her surgery was 2/10 but no replacement, just repair. She's 79. Just not going well. All trips canceled. Very concerned about where we go from here. Appreciate your prayers.

I'm so sorry your dear friend is having such a miserable time with recovery @beachgal. But I'm sure with you there to help her, she is in good, caring hands. My prayers go out to her, that improvement will soon be seen.

@beachgal, I'm so sorry to hear that your friend's recovery has been difficult thus far. I do hope they get to the bottom of this and get her up and going ... perhaps a different med cocktail to keep her pain free? Thank goodness she has you as an extra pair of eyes and ears. But, as you say, she is making progress, as minute as it may seem right now. Sad about your plans....you are a good friend. God bless her and you!

Her surgery was 2/10 but no replacement, just repair. She's 79. Just not going well. All trips canceled. Very concerned about where we go from here. Appreciate your prayers.

Having been through both, I can tell you that recovery from surgery to repair a hip fracture is a great deal more difficult than THR. Add to that the physical and emotional trauma of her injury and I'm not surprised that she is struggling. I wish your friend well. I'm sure she'll get where she wants to be, but it won't be on the same time frame as recovery from THR, unfortunately.

I'm baacckkkk....and it's been a rough few weeks since I posted last. My friend who fractured her femur on Feb. 10th just came home from the rehab facility last week. She is still not where she needs to be this far out from her surgery (per her OS) but I keep assuring her that it's HER recovery and it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks, unless it's her OS. She's more faithful in working with her PT now and seeing those delicious baby steps of progress that we all covet so I'm more confident in her ability to get past this injury.

Having said that, she will never be able to keep our dog again. With his weight at 80 lbs and his inclination to dart about at times, I would not be comfortable leaving him in her care. She has not mentioned this yet but I'm sure the wheels are spinning in her head as to how much dog-sitting she'll be able to do, even with the smaller pups. This is a heart-break as she loves having them around her but realizes that she is in no shape to care for one of her own so....that bridge will need to be crossed one day....but not today.

Hubby, on the other hand, is doing amazingly well with his rotator-cuff surgery from last November. He's weaned himself off some of his PT aids, opting now to do more exercises at the gym which lifts his spirits and energy level. He is still careful but less so than a month ago.

And I'm doing great! Tax season has just about kicked both of our butts but not because of any health constraints so YIPPEE!

Wishing you all a very happy and peaceful Easter season!

Hello again @beachgal, so glad to hear from you again :)

Easter here was wonderful with church friends and it was a very peaceful, happy day.

Sorry to hear of your friend's frustrating situation, but she's blessed to have you there reminding her that this, too, shall pass and she will be mobile again. I find it fascinating how some people recover almost effortlessly and others have a very difficult time of it. I'm sure it's a combination of the original problem, the surgeon and after surgery healing.

Great news of your hubby and you!!!! You are both excellent specimens of how these surgeries can truly change a life.

Have a good week, and....pace yourself while you're in full swing of tax season!

It's been almost three months since I dropped by Bonesmart, I'm ashamed to say. We finished up tax season at a fever pitch and I've been traveling to our Clinton home every few weeks, working on a new project there. Still thankful every moment for my amazing hip and the freedom it has given me.

Our beloved friend and dog sitter has probably recovered as much as she's willing to do with PT. She's still using a cane at times but is adding more chores to her daily activities. We all know how nice it is to feel as though you can take care of yourself. She's started keeping some of her little dogs again for one or two nights to see if she can manage. I think it's going well but I have real apprehension about leaving our large Golden Retriever with her. One quick dart from him and she'd be on the floor. It has caused me a lot of sleepless night as I know her doggies were the reason she wanted to get better. We had canceled all our trips this year so, we'll see.

I miss all of you and promise to be more faithful in my visits to this board. It saved my life.

Good to hear from you again . . . . funny, I was thinking about you this morning . . . just needing a swing of that old cast iron skillet on both of my current dilemma, health care situations. I may be facing yet another shoulder surgery as my second March rotator cuff repair is somewhat not successful with all the gory details on my thread. My hip-story seems like it was so easy to know the outcome and decide on what to do once I discovered BoneSmart and heard the stories here. Repair and success with shoulders seems much less vague. Almost as vague and successful as low back pain -- my other painful ongoing nagging dilemma.

But, I have one super fantastic successful left hip and one pretty good right hip, that like you,
Still thankful every moment for my amazing hip and the freedom it has given me.
I guess I want that NOW with my shoulders and back.

Still learning patience. I miss you and so much of the camaraderie over here on the hip side of the forum!
It saved my life.
:yes:

:flwrysmile:

@Me2, hubby went fishing today with his brothers at seven months from his shoulder surgery. He said he didn't even think about it. It was his left shoulder and he's right-handed but they had a great day so he's pretty happy.

I don't know much about shoulder surgery other than watching him go through his PT but it's not easy. I wish my iron skillet would work some magic for you. I'd be waving it all around!

I hope you find some answers and relief. You've been through so much at your young age. Fingers crossed for your miracle. Again. [emoji173]️

Happy Anniversary to me! Two years ago, I took my first steps with a new hip. Little did I know nor could I have guessed how it would change my life. No words can express what a leap of faith it was but totally worth it. Don't wait. No more excuses. Do it!

Congratulations on your Anniversery! I remember reading your thread from the very beginning and being so inspired and encouraged by your words. Thank you, my friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie