THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hubby is so lucky and blessed, it's ridiculous that his patience level is so minimal. The only thing that keeps him encouraged is knowing what I went through with my THR. At 68, he's never even had stitches so this is a whole new world for him. My tolerance level is waning, too, since I'll be missing both Thanksgiving and Christmas with my family. I really don't mind but I get tired of hearing his gripes when he's actually ahead of PT schedule.

Just venting. Thankful for my rocking hip that is doing double-duty with no complaints!! Woohoo!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

I can so relate to what you are going through, sweetie. I am 5 years older than my hubby and he has always been in awe of me when I bounce back so quickly from all the surgeries I've had. But, bless his heart, the complaints come rolling out as soon as he gets a little boo boo or tummy ache. He always thinks the worst and he's going to get some dreadful disease or worse. And moan and moan and moan...I could go on! Don't get me wrong... We adore each other to eternity, but sometimes....like you...my patience is really tested. I know you are strong and will manage this with flying colors. And, once he is healed and not so dependent, he will appreciate you even more. Have a good night my friend.

Hi @beachgal, so thankful that we have this forum, as we know how helpful it was for us in every way. The worst is over for your hubby, just in time for Thanksgiving. Now, you two continue to enjoy life XOX

@beachgal, I didn't see your last post (Hubby's patience level) before my last post to you, so you may be a bit confused over what I had written :heehee:

Sorry to hear you are missing Thanksgiving and Christmas (you're sure about Christmas?) with your family. Hopefully, it will still be special in personal ways.

Yay for new hips!!!!

After six (long) weeks, hubby is doing great with his shoulder! PTL! He has been moved to PT just once a week, using 2 lb weights now. There are still things he can't do, mostly lifting or pushing, etc. but we're doing much better than a month ago. He is still as impatient as ever but I think he realizes now that it's going to be a slower recovery than he thought and he's just got to keep doing what it takes to get this strength back.

OK, so here's how I really knew he was "on the mend"....we just planned some amazing trips for 2016!!!
Until yesterday, he didn't even want to discuss it. Talk about turning a corner!!! YIPPEE! I might let him live.
:rotfl:

One more thing......
I had my 18-month check-up with my OS on 12/4 and he was thrilled! He took more xrays and is still so pleased with the position of my prosthesis and the progress I've made, I am still smiling at the thought of it. I don't go back to see him for 2 years, he said, unless I just miss him. :happydance:

That is such great news @beachgal! He definitely sounds like he has turned a corner. If I don't see any posts from you during the holidays....have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!
:cheers:

Congratulations on all fronts!!!! :yahoo:
What new trips are you planning for 2016?

On a personal note, I went to my OS on my one year plus one day anniversary on 12/9...he said everything looks great, see you in one year :)

I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and peace in the new year. XOX

Life has a way of getting in the way of what we want to do and such has been the case with me. We're both doing fine with our health (hip and shoulder, ok!) but work is robbing me of a lot if time that I usually have toward the end of the year. I have had more issues to resolve with the IRS and their untrained staff along with the new layers of identity verification and fraud prevention which has almost given me ulcers. Don't be surprised if you see more and more of us tax professionals getting out of the business because of the time delays and unnecessary work involved in getting our clients returns processed and finalized. I'm whining, I know, but I can't believe it's almost time to start another year of tax filings when I have so many still in limbo.

Added to the extraordinary work load, I've been responsible for keeping our dog walking regularly as well as his other care which has been a great stress-reliever on one hand but another chore on the other.

Then I have a pretty unhappy man with his rehabbing shoulder. His progress is amazing and ahead of schedule but he was not in the line for patience when the Lord was handing it out. Frustrating.

So, I'm clearing my head and my work calendar for the next few days to reappear with a happier attitude after thee holidays. I hope!

Trips planned for 2016:

Easter weekend in New Orleans to attend the LA Downs horse race, a qualifying race for the KY Derby. No plans to go to the Derby again but how could we improve on last year??

Long weekend in May to Nashville to see Garrison Keillor's A Prairie Home Companion live radio show broadcast.

Ten days around July 4th at Glacier National Park. Planning some hikes, river rafting, and plenty of fresh air, wildlife, and sunshine!

Three weeks in October in Canada/New England for a cruise from Quebec City to NYC and some extra days for our own adventures.

That's it. So far.....

Sending my warmest regards and best wishes for a happy and healthy Christmas for all of you and an amazing 2016 for us all. You will never know how much I love and value each of you. You were there for me when no one else could understand. We have shared more intimate details with each other than imaginable. We are bonded and I'm so grateful to have found this forum and all the friendships it's brought my way.

❤️
Jennifer

ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1450981095.333301.jpg

Love your card....aren't we blessed that we can have surgeries to correct our pains? I was at Christmas with our daughter-in-law's father who has emphysema and he needs his portable oxygen tank with him at all times. When he started coughing badly, his wife said, "oh, he does that a lot..." So sad his life is compromised like this.

I thank God that we can have surgery and get it fixed! I so much enjoyed this past week, as last year at this time I was in very early recovery....and this year, not even a thought!!!

Glad you wrote down on all of your travel plans for 2016....I'm sure they will carry you through the aggravation you are experiencing with your clients' cases and all of the new rules and regulations....seems there are more and more in all businesses these days....

I went to Saratoga Travers Cup this past August....it was so fun seeing American Pharoah!!!

Happy New Year and Happy Trails to you!!!

Hi @beachgal . Glad to see you are doing well and living well. Hope your husband hangs in there with his own recovery. People often say shoulder recovery is REALLY hard. I cannot imagine anything beyond our own hip healing. I am sure you are a great help to him. It looks like you have kept up with being fairly active in this forum. Kudos to you and I am sure that has helped many people looking for experiences and information.
Take care and Happy Holidays to you.

Happy 2016, @Bfam85 and @grnplatebrd! All is well with me and hubby, save his complaining about PT! He's feeling so much better these days, though. I believe even his snarky remarks have lessened.

Cute story for all my BS buddies...we were in a pub yesterday afternoon for a late lunch and ran into one of his high school friends in town for the holidays. She sat with us for a drink and the conversation led to his recent shoulder surgery. She told us that she had THR three weeks prior. Well, now get this....hubby proceeded to tell her all about resting, elevating, icing....and I'm cracking up!!

Christmas tree and decorations coming down today as we get into the "tax season" frame of mind. Hope it's a lovely and healthy 2016 for us all.

JB

@beachgal - brilliant pic. I am definitely stealing it for Facebook!

RTHR 25 November 2015

@beachgal Good story about the THR and your husbands professional advice. One thing that sparked me checking back in on BS was the fact that I was helping a friend of friend get ready for his own THR. He is doing well and appreciated my input, he is already a month out and speeding along in recovery. It is nice to be able to help others about to enter the process, even if just a little moral support and easing the stress and unknowns. In the end, we can swap our own recovery stories. Happy 2016!

I can so relate @beachgal. My husband does the same thing and is always touting the BS site. He knows it was, literally, my bible before and after surgery. In his eyes, it saved him. And, in my eyes, it surely saved me! Happy Nw Year, girl! I love the pictures!

Quick update, mostly to keep my bearings. Hubby released from shoulder PT yesterday and a nod from his OS. Root canal for me today and another one in two weeks. Abscess never cleared up and my dentist did a CT scan as opposed to bite-wing X-rays which showed slight abscesses in two teeth. Grateful for early diagnosis. Not so much the root canals but inevitable. Should be finished before tax season. Let's just pull out my fingernails, too. Haha

My dear girl....that's a lot back to back....Good news about your hubby and also that a root canal will take care of the teeth.....question: How did they find out you had an abscess if you never had any pain? Just saw my dentist on Monday with my 4 amoxycillans ...Chin up; this too shall pass. XOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties